Audi RS3 Front discs

dBRMZ

Reaction score
Hello there don't know if anyone could help me I've never been on a forum before or anything, so basically I'm new to the RS and brought. RS3 and it needs new front discs and pads so obviously I didn't want to go to Audi for them I fount the pads easy but struggled to get the discs so I brought some delivery mileage discs off eBay but they are groved and for a RS3 8V so obviously what I want to know is do they fit and if not what discs can I get for sensible money, thanks a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_2309.JPG
    IMG_2309.JPG
    727.6 KB · Views: 487
Hello there don't know if anyone could help me I've never been on a forum before or anything, so basically I'm new to the RS and brought. RS3 and it needs new front discs and pads so obviously I didn't want to go to Audi for them I fount the pads easy but struggled to get the discs so I brought some delivery mileage discs off eBay but they are groved and for a RS3 8V so obviously what I want to know is do they fit and if not what discs can I get for sensible money, thanks a lot.

If you've an 8P RS3 then you need either 8P0.615.301 or 8P0.615.301.B, the 47i6 upgrade.

The ones you show are the 8V 'wave' items and Audi, according to a number of 8V RS3 owners, seem no longer fitting those.

In my own experience STD OEM #8P0.615.301/B front brake discs with EBC DP31210C Redstuff brake pads (for road-use) with an 8P RS3 is the way to go - it's what I use myself... :superman:

Then again, there's a lot of more expensive options available...

If you've an 8P RS3 then you need either 8P0.615.301 or 8P0.615.301.B, the 47i6 upgrade.

The ones you show are the 8V 'wave' items and Audi, according to a number of 8V RS3 owners, seem no longer fitting those.

In my own experience STD OEM #8P0.615.301/B front brake discs with EBC DP31210C Redstuff brake pads (for road-use) with an 8P RS3 is the way to go - it's what I use myself... :superman:

Then again, there's a lot of more expensive options available...

Can you please send link?

Can you please send link?

My apologies but a link to what?

If it's more expensive you want then look here above "Audi RS3 8P AP Brake Solutions for Front and Rear" gorgeous stuff...

Otherwise review this 8P Forum: I've been using and recommending Redstuff (go to EBC UK Direct) for at least 6-years and am now getting keyboard haze on advising others to do the same

The big issue with the OEM/Brembo/Pagid pads is the numerous rivets that become exposed between backplate and friction material from half-worn and they then score the discs big time.

Me; I use OEM STD front discs and Redstuff (front and rear) for road use; I no longer do track stuff unless I'm driving someone else's car, period.

I suggest you do the research here in ASN and see if you can find anything different - for road use.

And throw them wavy discs away - the wear pattern just ain't good and for sure I'd not put 'em anywhere near my RS3.

There is a revised brake disc now ending C.

8P0615301C

Reactions: 45bvtc
There is a revised brake disc now ending C.

8P0615301C

And on, and on, and on, it goes; Paul.

And your RS3 is still on original discs and still no brake disc problems I seem to recall: and for a long time on 'quiet' OEM pads, too.

Whatever the issues with 8P RS3 front brakes (and/or 8V RS3) some owners have well it just ain't the same for all.

Good, for sure, that both yours and mine are ZERO issue cars; and mine's still a long term 'keeper'...

The longest RS3 thread, with humour too...
6380.gif

Lol. Yes still on the original factory brakes, albeit with red stuff all round.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Talk about Redstuff to your hearts content 45bvtc....

No problem with that at all...

However don't keep banging on about how they didn't work for 'one'.

They didn't work for me when I had my 8P RS3 but hey ho such is life, we all move on.