Audi RS3 performance ?

Could just be a mapped car and private owner?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS3-Rob and NevMan
Could just be a mapped car and private owner?

TX.

Could be a mapped one, not sure though with all those stickers on it !

Or maybe Audi might surprise us, they do the Performance versions of the RS6 and R8 now.
I read somewhere on Autocar that Audi want more Performance versions of their RS models.

Reactions: NevMan
Wouldn't be surprised by a 420ps RS3 Plus/Performance model. Audi will probably charge a small fortune for it and not sure it would be worth it.

Wouldn't be surprised by a 420ps RS3 Plus/Performance model. Audi will probably charge a small fortune for it and not sure it would be worth it.

Yeah i reckon the new A45 will have 410ps which equates to 404bhp. That gives them room for a facelift version to 425ps or more.
So an RS3 performance has to knock on the 420ps door surely. 2019 watch this space 1-2yrs before the new RS3 and probably just before they release the new S3 (which i bet gets 325ps).

Its all conjecture though !

New A3 due out in 2019 though so will peeps really want an almost old model even if a few Hp up from the factory? Same **** that we had when the FL rumour hit of course :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, NevMan and D0C
New A3 due out in 2019 though so will peeps really want an almost old model even if a few Hp up from the factory? Same **** that we had when the FL rumour hit of course :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Well you know the manufacturers now, they are greedy as fxxx and would probably try to sell snow to Eskimos if they could.

TTRS+ = yes please

Reactions: NevMan and D0C

TX.

Probably, as will come with more standard kit. Usual way of extending life of model like the sline Plus etc etc

All I remember is people holding off buying the PFL as the rumour was a FL was appearing shortly - it actually took a long time to appear so most "waiters" ended up getting ****** off indeed @D0C bit the bullet on a PFL just before the FL actually appeared from memory. I'd not want the "old" model if I was in a position to buy with that rumour flying around.

TX.

Reactions: ZN7, Thundercliffe81 and NevMan
Racechip tuning box and intake will be ultimate naughty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be cool if it was performance parts - Audi sanctioned like for the R8 and TTRS.

If we could get our RS3 retuned by Audi and get warranty extra performance would be great... But I guess more realistically it may be options on the 2019 car - if as some on here hope - it restarts production next year.

Reactions: NevMan and FBF01

TX.

It's probably going to be late 2019 at the earliest. Usually new cars are shown 3-6 months before deliveries to the public start. Audi haven't even issued a single official picture yet. 2019 is only a month away now.

Can't see Audi going to the expense of an RS3 performance, when they're not even building the `normal` RS3 at the minute. Although, maybe it's just a remap and a different exhaust?

Reactions: infernox and D0C
Would be cool if it was performance parts - Audi sanctioned like for the R8 and TTRS.

If we could get our RS3 retuned by Audi and get warranty extra performance would be great... But I guess more realistically it may be options on the 2019 car - if as some on here hope - it restarts production next year.

Few years back i had an 8p S3, I went in to my local dealer for a service and noticed their adverts for Audi add on's such as tow bar, roof rails etc however there was also a Performance Upgrade!

This was 2012 and you got a stage1 remap +35hp by Richter Sports of Milton Keynes with sanctioned Audi warranty, it was a no brainer for £500 !

Richter we're involved with Audi and their DTM series racing.

Such a shame Audi don't do this now.

At 18:56 The guy from Audi says that Ascari blue will be available on the R8 Performance, RS6 Performance, RS7 Performance and RSQ3 Performance.

As everyone here should be well aware that Audi are no longer making any of those models... so he clearly has accidentally let slip that performance versions are coming of the A6, A7 and new Q3... and I think its a safe bet that included the RS3 too.

However that doesn’t mean that there will be an RS3 Performance in 2019 - it may be with the next generation in 2020 (or whenever) but it would appear a safe bet that there is a faster version of the RS3 coming. And the RSQ3 will probably tell us how much faster and more power there is in the next few months or whenever they announce it.

Yeah i reckon the new A45 will have 410ps which equates to 404bhp. That gives them room for a facelift version to 425ps or more.
So an RS3 performance has to knock on the 420ps door surely. 2019 watch this space 1-2yrs before the new RS3 and probably just before they release the new S3 (which i bet gets 325ps).

Its all conjecture though !
I reckon the new s3 will be 300bhp

Few years back i had an 8p S3, I went in to my local dealer for a service and noticed their adverts for Audi add on's such as tow bar, roof rails etc however there was also a Performance Upgrade!

This was 2012 and you got a stage1 remap +35hp by Richter Sports of Milton Keynes with sanctioned Audi warranty, it was a no brainer for £500 !

Richter we're involved with Audi and their DTM series racing.

Such a shame Audi don't do this now.
Agreed, Audi are missing a trick. Small performance upgrades that are approved are no risk to Audi and customer.

Reactions: teslaboy and NevMan
Agreed, Audi are missing a trick. Small performance upgrades that are approved are no risk to Audi and customer.

Why would they, when they can produce there own breathed on car, call it the `Performance` and stick another few Thousand pounds onto the retail price. The Public will lap it up !

Why would they, when they can produce there own breathed on car, call it the `Performance` and stick another few Thousand pounds onto the retail price. The Public will lap it up !
It wouldn’t stop them doing both. I’d certainly consider an approved upgrade that doesn’t affect the Audi warranty and presumably will be easier to insurance.

It wouldn’t stop them doing both. I’d certainly consider an approved upgrade that doesn’t affect the Audi warranty and presumably will be easier to insurance.

Me too. But Audi would rather you paid the premium for their performance version.

In Europe, or at least Germany, you can get upgrades and they are all warranty safe. But not in the UK.

Two little bits of news regarding the 2019 RS3.

Audi USA put out a press release at the end of November saying it was available next year - no dates but it seems that it wouldn’t be a limited US only run.

It is also worth noting that Audi.de is now showing a 2019 S3 model as configurable. I don’t recall (and correct me if I am wrong) seeing a 2017/2018 model on any Audi website - even though they do make slight changes - the S3 is shown as 300HP. The RS3 on Audi USA is shown as 394HP - previously Audi USA listed it as 400HP although that could just be a correction of their conversation of 294KW to HP.

That 2019 rs3 looks the same as the 2017 saloon model or am I missing something

Reactions: AudiNutta and teslaboy
I thought it being the 2019 model it would perhaps be the new look.

I thought it being the 2019 model it would perhaps be the new look.

It isn’t a facelift so will purely have WLTP compliance and any other options they throw in for “free” such as HHA, but then jack the price up anyway.

Strange isn't it, you would think Audi would be stopping production of all 8v variants in 2019 readying production for the new model A3 (dubbed 8w perhaps).
I thought the new A3 is due out 2019 potentially with a new model S3 end of 2019....

Reactions: AudiNutta
It's probably going to be late 2019 at the earliest. Usually new cars are shown 3-6 months before deliveries to the public start. Audi haven't even issued a single official picture yet. 2019 is only a month away now.

Can't see Audi going to the expense of an RS3 performance, when they're not even building the `normal` RS3 at the minute. Although, maybe it's just a remap and a different exhaust?

Different exhaust in the way that it will have a petrol particulate filter and Rolls Royce quiet ;)

You can’t base any continuation of build on a post on a foreign Audi website, the RS3 still shows on the Audi UK website in exactly the same format!

My bets is that there won’t be another RS3 rolling off of the production line until 2020 onwards...

They have to build them for the US - so they would build them for everyone.

However my point was that it is the same - no performance options - no extras. The same.

They have to build them for the US - so they would build them for everyone.

However my point was that it is the same - no performance options - no extras. The same.

What is saying they are 110% building them for the US?