Audi RS3 quality control??

Mike.46

Reaction score
Picture from FB of a RS3 seat in showroom, is this really what is going to happen to our seats within weeks of use?
268764049 10159643824554220 1600173394256160211 n

• Sad
Reactions: 3vans
Given its Faux leather/leatherette on the microfiber seat option it does look even worse than it would do if it where genuine leather....all Audi seats do this if you don't enter/exit yourself out of the car in a certain manor l personally haven't had this happen on any of my Audi's because of a thread on this forum as it's a well known defective hallmark of Audi's...so lift yer buttocks UP and over the outer bolster when entering/exiting the car and this wont happen....
Just to add l have seen the outer side bolsters on top the range R8's destroyed new cars that looked even worse ....applying heat and some moisture at the same time will perk them up a little..lastly them seats even without the deformed bolster are not befitting of £50k car

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
A thought
If they all do it, could ask for the European spec replacement seat covers under warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a 8v thread as long your arm on this subjective stemming back to 2015...or probably even before this year on other Audi models

Reactions: pburv and Mastachaz
Yes, very hard to buy a second hand R8 with nice seats, my TTS had new seat squabs because of this and it spoilt the car because you sat 'on' then instead of 'in' them, they were so much harder

This was the driver and passenger seat in mine when I sold it and a real nice one for comparison

Attachments

• IMG_4561.JPG
    IMG_4561.JPG
    668.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_4560.JPG
    IMG_4560.JPG
    786.2 KB · Views: 139
  • R8 Seat bolster wear.jpg
    R8 Seat bolster wear.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 158
Reactions: Jassyo06
Notice that the creasing is on the passenger side.
That's where the fat wife gets in to have a look.

• Haha
Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and HulkRS3
Notice that the creasing is on the passenger side.
That's where the fat wife gets in to have a look.
Thats only because there wasnt a driver seat picture

Why that's where the driver sits on earth42 of the multiverse, how do you not recognise it.

He seems to be posting cryptic pictures from gawd knows what or where

Quality is definitely not as good as previous gens. I have a speaker that rattles on the left side of the dash, squeaky bit on drivers door where your elbow would rest, drivers door speaker rattles, ANNOYING squeak when driving sounds like on the plastic behind the steering wheel which is pretty much constant

• Wow
Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
Quality is definitely not as good as previous gens. I have a speaker that rattles on the left side of the dash, squeaky bit on drivers door where your elbow would rest, drivers door speaker rattles, ANNOYING squeak when driving sounds like on the plastic behind the steering wheel which is pretty much constant
Build materials are not of the same standard as in the 8v but the niggles you speak of....a lot 8v owners including myself suffered from this...especially in cold or really warm weather....ie the plastic retracts in cold weather and expands in warm weather....most annoying one was at the driver door armrest l was surprised it was still in one piece after l had by force given it the Spanish Archer....that many times so f@@king annoying ...only AUDI av had that was squeak /rattle free was my TT and that had firmest suspension....or on the other hand your car being one of the first....could be the reason....but l am sure time will tell as the complaint Threads slowly but surely mount up as more and more folks take ownership

Reactions: Alexlfc17, Mr Freeze, 8YARWY and 1 other person
Build materials are not of the same standard as in the 8v but the niggles you speak of....a lot 8v owners including myself suffered from this...especially in cold or really warm weather....ie the plastic retracts in cold weather and expands in warm weather....most annoying one was at the driver door armrest l was surprised it was still in one piece after l had by force given it the Spanish Archer....that many times so f@@king annoying ...only AUDI av had that was squeak /rattle free was my TT and that had firmest suspension....or on the other hand your car being one of the first....could be the reason....but l am sure time will tell as the complaint Threads slowly but surely mount up as more and more folks take ownership

with you on the TT as my wife’s was rock solid quality and not a single squeak.

For all the quality bashing Merc gets, my A45s has been impeccable quality wise and again zero squeaks or rattles. I was anticipating some issues so this pleasantly surprised me.

I really hope the RS will be a good un as like you, rattles & squeaks do annoy the hell out of me.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
I got that on passenger side haha

Reactions: Alexlfc17
with you on the TT as my wife’s was rock solid quality and not a single squeak.

For all the quality bashing Merc gets, my A45s has been impeccable quality wise and again zero squeaks or rattles. I was anticipating some issues so this pleasantly surprised me.

I really hope the RS will be a good un as like you, rattles & squeaks do annoy the hell out of me.
It's what comes of the rattles and squeaks mate ie sending yer car into get the interior dismantled....Time and time again...Time wasted etc etc...l just put up with it on both of my S3'S...as you say fingers crossed

Reactions: AndyVWR, Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
It's what comes of the rattles and squeaks mate ie sending yer car into get the interior dismantled....Time and time again...Time wasted etc etc...l just put up with it on both of my S3'S...as you say fingers crossed

possibly the best way rather than have them dismantle your car & risk generating more rattles.
at least with the RS you can drown it out with the engine, failing that the sound system :)

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
possibly the best way rather than have them dismantle your car & risk generating more rattles.
at least with the RS you can drown it out with the engine, failing that the sound system :)
Lol as in the case with my S3's tilt the pan roof weather permitting or like you say Pump up the volume....

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
Zero issues on the 8V.

Reactions: garethdj and Jassyo06
I'am not getting involved in the squeaky/rattling debate I'll be here all night :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06