Audi S1 5th and 6th gear pull?

Daniel Gorton

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking at getting a 2016 audi S1 on lease through my business and I'm loving everything about the car but so far haven't found a garage that will let me test drive at my age.
The specs are really impressive and was just interested how well the car pulls in 5th and 6th gear at low revs. As I'm aware peak torque comes in at 1600rpm

Thanks for any help
Cheers
Dan

How old are you?
I had one car pulls really well in all gears much better than my Tts.

I can only reiterate what andy I said....the punchy turbo pulls really well in all gears. I know a few people also use the DTUK tuning box which seems to really kick the car on again.

Put simply - you won't be disappointed with getting an S1.

Reactions: Sandra
How old are you?
I had one car pulls really well in all gears much better than my Tts.
I'm 19 and I can afford the lease and insurance no problem but no garage I've been to is willing to let me test drive. They all assume I'm a hooligan looking for a free drive in a quick car.

That sounds good
I can only reiterate what andy I said....the punchy turbo pulls really well in all gears. I know a few people also use the DTUK tuning box which seems to really kick the car on again.

Put simply - you won't be disappointed with getting an S1.
That sounds good to hear! How bad is the turbo lag?? Not that it'll change my mind. Just curious. Cheers for the reply as well!

The turbo lag is OK - not much at all. I've had a few N/A engines and have always been wary about turbo lag myself. I'm more than happen with the power delivery.

The turbo lag is OK - not much at all. I've had a few N/A engines and have always been wary about turbo lag myself. I'm more than happen with the power delivery.
Well I don't think I'm going to be disappointed whatever seeing as though I'm coming from a corsa 1.2 which I've had for over 2 years and has had more problems than I count. Won't be sad to see that go. I was going to go for a fiesta st but i just love Audis interior and exterior quality. Definitely feel like you get your moneys worth. but after seeing the s1 I don't want anything else now
Appreciate your help!

I can't fault my s1 in any way in fact I wish I still had it.
The 2 litre turbo is a great engine very responsive and lots of low down torque.
My new Tts with 80 bhp more the 0 to 60 is no quicker than the S1. TBH and I much prefer the S1's power delivery.
In my 12 months of ownership my car never missed a beat and was an absolute pleasure to own, yes the fiesta st might be a tad more fun but when I tested one it felt like a car from a older generation and with its typical tacky ford interior to boot.
Buy the car you won't look back.
The only slight negative for me were the standard Bridgestone's and perhaps Audi could of made the Audi drive select it bit more individual.
Keep the forum updated if you get one.

My (standard) S1 pulls like a train in every gear. Anything more would be frightening.

Reactions: lfcrule1972
My (standard) S1 pulls like a train in every gear. Anything more would be frightening.
Yes agree I thought the power/torque was just right really suited the car.