Audi S1 - What Engine Is It?

You can find some pretty convincing hard evidence about all sorts on Google. For example - the moon landings was filmed in a hanger, Aliens live at Area 51 and my personal favourite one being that MH17 wasn't shot down by a Russian missile.

You can also find total ******* about the EA888 engine on Google too.

As much as you / your mate would like it to be - the S1 engine is not shared with the R or S3.

Like I said, I'll wait to see some hard evidence. Revo seem to think it is, I imagine they know their way around VAG engine bays by now ;)

That's what they said.... they had just taken the car that day, so we will see what happens!

I remember when I bought my ED30 brand new back in 2007, 230bhp and everyone kept telling me it was just a GTI engine, turns out as we all know now that it is the same as the 265 S3 8p.

So going on that logic, is the s1 / polo R @ 250bhp not the same engine as the Golf R at 300bhp?

TSI is the old designation for the direct injection VAG engines.

Revo told your mate the S1 has the same engine as the R. That's true - it's the EA888. But the R version is tuned differently and with slightly different internals. You're not prepared to challenge your mate or Revo so this is going no where.

My BMW 320d has the same engine as my next door neighbours 318d. They are tuned differently and have very slightly different internals. With the logic your using he could say its a 320d engine.....but he doesn't cause it isn't. Yet to see an S1 owner say they are running an identical engine to S3.

You can wonder and ponder about this but actually it's pretty irrelevant.

TSI is the old designation for the direct injection VAG engines.

Revo told your mate the S1 has the same engine as the R. That's true - it's the EA888. But the R version is tuned differently and with slightly different internals. You're not prepared to challenge your mate or Revo so this is going no where.

My BMW 320d has the same engine as my next door neighbours 318d. They are tuned differently and have very slightly different internals. With the logic your using he could say its a 320d engine.....but he doesn't cause it isn't. Yet to see an S1 owner say they are running an identical engine to S3.

You can wonder and ponder about this but actually it's pretty irrelevant.

I was only asking the question, to see if anyone has any hard facts, engine codes, part numbers etc

I'm only going off what I've been told, I don't own an S1. I'm considering owning the new polo R or Golf R, depending on the spec of the polo engine as I will be mapping it.

Forums are about discussion are they not?

Yes they are. Lots of posts noting the differences and what you have been told is incorrect.

Just get the R. It has the same engine.

Yes they are. Lots of posts noting the differences and what you have been told is incorrect.

Just get the R. It has the same engine.

I've always used Revo, I'll wait to see what they can do with the S1 first! But thanks for the infomation

So i hope I'm reading the drivel in the above posts correctly but i also have spoken to revo at AITP and they admitted there and then that the engine is the same EA888 in the S1/s3/gti etc etc just very different maps and slightly different internals, they loaded a EA888 map onto an s1 and it ran like a bag of poo so needed to get a development car before they could get a map sorted for it

So i hope I'm reading the drivel in the above posts correctly but i also have spoken to revo at AITP and they admitted there and then that the engine is the same EA888 in the S1/s3/gti etc etc just very different maps and slightly different internals, they loaded a EA888 map onto an s1 and it ran like a bag of poo so needed to get a development car before they could get a map sorted for it

"Drivel" lol

Engine codes..

CWZA - Audi S1
CJXC - Audi S3
CHHA - Mk7 GTI

Like I said in my previous posts, S1 and GTI's turbos share the same part number.

Engine codes..

CWZA - Audi S1
CJXC - Audi S3
CHHA - Mk7 GTI

Like I said in my previous posts, S1 and GTI's turbos share the same part number.

Wow your use of google is just awe inspiring :/

Wow your use of google is just awe inspiring :/

That's straight off the computers from my mate at TPS, if you google Audi S1 engine code the only thing I can find is CAKA, which as we know, is wrong.

I'm not out to prove anything or wishing it was an R/S3 engine don't forget, I've done the easy thing and ordered a Golf R so I'm garuntee'd the better engine. :) Lol.

Reactions: josedebardi
I've done the easy thing and ordered a Golf R so I'm garuntee'd the better engine. :) Lol.

In that case you will be making sure you have the new water pump then after the continuos problems VW have been having with them?

:)

So as expected Revo saying that it's an EA888 engine across the board but different internals. Drivel it is.

Reactions: P40ULW
In that case you will be making sure you have the new water pump then after the continuos problems VW have been having with them?

:)

Whatever VW decide to fit onto it, sadly I can't be at the factory watching their every move when it gets built. However, if anything fails then that's what warrenty is for. :)