Audi S3 2011 large cooling fan with built in control module

Tazzcs

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am just looking for some advice if possible please?

I have had a fault diagnosed on my Audi S3 2011 sportback. The car is overheating when idling. I have been told that its the large cooling fan control module within the fan that is faulty.

Can anyone who has had any experience with this fault/part recommend the best place to either get a genuine replacement Audi part or a decent manufacturer approved one please?

Its the full fan complete with the control module required.

Thank you In advance.

Taz

I had one of these go on my S3 and went to Euro Car Parts and got one for a fraction of the price of an Audi genuine fan. I replaced it myself with little difficulty.

The fans have the control unit built-in and my 'cheap' one still works with no issues.

I had one of these go on my S3 and went to Euro Car Parts and got one for a fraction of the price of an Audi genuine fan. I replaced it myself with little difficulty.

The fans have the control unit built-in and my 'cheap' one still works with no issues.
Hi,

Thank you for you reply. If you dont mind me asking which brand did you use? I have heard mixed reviews that some aftermarket ones can cause faults to flash up but I have no experience with this kind of repair and dont want to pay over the odds if its not necessary.

Thank you

I got my big fan from ecp too but the only thing i found different was the connection on there one i had to change ( well my mechanic changed it ) as it never fitted straight on to other plug but it was a essy swap offer . Might be worth knowing what the fault says cause if i mind you have fan 1 fan 2 so you might only need small fan