Audi S3 8L 2002 BAM NO BOOST HELP!!!!!!

S31PWA

Reaction score
Right guys I have a problem with my car..

got some work done on the car a full service and other stuff like pads ect

now driving the car I have no turbo kicking in no boost what so ever

vacuum pipes seem fine no splits noticed the pipes that went under the inlet were the wrong way switched them around still no boost.

changed the MASS air flow sensor

checked the fuses

its funny wen you put the car in reverse you can feel the turbo starting to spool

SOMEONE HELP SPENT TO MUCH MONEY IN A GARAGE!!!!!

Have you scanned for fault codes? First point of call before you do anything buddy

Is it making any noises? Hissing? Siren? N75 valve have all the vac hoses on? Is it juddering or hesitant? Or is it just flat accelerating?

Sounds mad.... but are you running a standard air filter? Sounds like suffocation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it making any noises? Hissing? Siren? N75 valve have all the vac hoses on? Is it juddering or hesitant? Or is it just flat accelerating?
No leaks or hissing,
no juddering you can accelerate will rev the whole way but no turbo input just a NA engine atm

changed the N75 and map sensor

Sounds mad.... but are you running a standard air filter? Sounds like suffocation!

ive tried even without the airbox on thinking it was that still nothing

Try it mate, my old bmw 328 cat collapsed many years ago, no smell but ran flat as a pancake

Reactions: S31PWA
Try it mate, my old bmw 328 cat collapsed many years ago, no smell but ran flat as a pancake

just gonna remove the downpipe and give it a shot

thanks for the advice

I wouldn’t try removing the downpipe, try unbolting the cat from the downpipe and let the exhaust hang. Rev the car up, you’ll definitely hear the turbo spool up from that point, then examine the cat, see if there’s anything noticeable inside that’s damaged or rattling around. Just be aware that if that cat hasn’t been off before and it’s the original... soak the bolts with GT85 or similar, they are an **** to remove, I ended up cutting mine off to get it off.

I assume you have taking the TIP off to see if the turbo actually spins? have seen this before

<tuffty/>

Maybe the garage lost a screwdriver bit and it's gone into the turbo compressor wheel.

I would try spinning the turbo by hand. @tcg had his k04 compressor wheel seized when the spindle snapped street his oil pump failed.

Is the car mapped? On my last S3, when the battery was disconnected, the map would change to one of the 5 programmed maps and the 1st was no boost, the N75 would show 0% or whatever the scale was and this lead me to change the map to 2 or 3 and it boosted again.

Maybe the garage lost a screwdriver bit and it's gone into the turbo compressor wheel.

I would try spinning the turbo by hand. @tcg had his k04 compressor wheel seized when the spindle snapped street his oil pump failed.
you have'nt worked on his car have you stuart?

Reactions: hydro s3, JonnyDerv, Stuart B and 1 other person