Audi S3 8L: Bilstein B8 with H&R 25mm Lowering Springs

Alex C

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi Damian,

Ages ago I bought this shock and spring combo from you (~2010 i think). I have done 110k since then, the front shocks have been replaced once (so they've done ~55K) but all the other components have done 110k

I am looking at replacing all the shocks because they're knackered; definitely the rear

Question: The springs to my knowledge are fine but after 110k should they be replaced as a matter of course or only if their damaged?

Cheers,
Alex

Evening,

Thank you for your post.

If you're changing everything else, me personally, I'd also change the rear springs.

Damian @ DPM Performance
Only the front shocks have been replaced since 2010. Springs, front and back, have done 110k

Would you change front and rear springs given the mileage?

Hi Damian,

I'm looking at your website and i see that i can get the Bilstein B12 setup which is effectively B8 shocks with Eibach 25/20mm lowering springs for £600

I'd prefer Bilstein B8 shocks with H&R 25/25mm lowering springs as before, however buying separately this ends up at £770

...are you able to make the B8 with H&R springs combination less painful?

Cheers
Alex

Morning,

I'm sure we could do something but unfortunately the Bilstein B8 dampers for the S3 8L are on back order with Bilstein until August.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Reactions: Alex C