Audi s3 8l xenon headlights rhd to LHD adjustment

Demos

Reaction score
I am in Spain and took my car for an MOT and it failed on the headlights and the rear fog light. The headlights are pointing to the left whereas they should be printing to the right.

I read somewhere that someone managed to switch the passengers side with a manual adjustment. Is it really possible to change the direction they are pointing by taking them out and adjusting them?

Also is there a way to switch the fog light from the right to the left?

I have looked in the handbook of my MK1 TT which has xenons the same as the S3 and it says this can only be done by an Audi workshop for safety reasons. Had a look on Elsawin .
Upload 2017 5 29 11 9 22

As for the foglight not sure what you can do . You could wire in a temporary fog light under the bumper from the existing fog light bulb supply.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rear-Fog-...ailer-Horsebox-SUV-etc-12v-24v-/251737757723?

And once it's passed the MOT you could remove it.

or goto a breakers and buy some A3 rear light clusters from a LHD car and just rewire the fog and reversing lights.

Thank you so much mate I really appreciate it. I will take them out today and give it a try and them will let you know how it goes.

All done guys thank you very much I appreciate your help so much. I switched both left and right headlights to flat beam by switching the lever, I also made a video which I will post here so you can have a look.

Also for changing the fog lights from right to the left is not that difficult you just have to follow the following instructions:

1) Take the left taillight off which you access from the boot of the car by taking the 4 nuts off the bolts from the inside of the boot
2) Pull the plug off from the rear of the left taillight and also take the white plastic off from the main taillight which will expose the bulbs and you will notice that there is no bulb on the top position neither place for one to pass through the taillight so you will have to make a hole on the rear of the taillight. Its not difficult I just got my battery drill will a small drill bit and started going around until I made the hole big enough.
3) Add a bulb and put the taillight back in place.
4) Splice the third cable from the right taillight (there are number on the plug that goes on the rear of the taillight) and connect it to left taillight on the third position on the plug. I just put the cable inside the plug by opening it and then closing it.
5) Final tip is you can pass the cable along below where the safety triangles are. Just take the 4 torx screws from the tailboot. Also take the screws

These pictures might help:

Compartment
This is the compartment that you need to open to access the taillight, it exists on both sides of the car.

Clamp
This is the hook that I believe is used to tie things up in the boot you need to remove the 2 bolts holding it and remove it. There are 4 of these hooks in the boot you only need to remove the rear 2.

TorxScrews
These are the torx screws I was talking about, there are 4 of them you need to remove.

Cablerunning
This is the left side and you can see the blue cable I installed which runs under the safety triangle and looks neat.

Leftfog
And here is the final outcome with the left fog light on instead of the right one as I used the bulb from the right to put on the left.

If you want both sides to light up when you turn on your fog lights just install a light bulb on both sides, simple as that.

The whole fog light conversion took me 1 hour including finding out what I needed to do.

Great I have the same issue for a 2001 Audi S3 that I have shipped to France. I have an open position on the left tail light. The top bulb position, all I had to do was twist out the piece of plastic covering the unused bulb. Then put a bulb in it. On the right side, did you use the wire in the slot no. 3 grey to jump over to the left empty slot at no. 3 ? I have upload my right side image with 7 wires.
5CFEF576 D239 4BBB B5A4 8D6D4EF7B2A8