Audi s3 8p - APR stage 2 + loss power on launch

Vish_s3

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Last year I took my car to VRS Northampton and got a stage 2 + APR map as well as a Sachs performance clutch installed. The car was running great at 376hp with the remap, full Milltek turbo back exhaust and Ram Air induction kit. When I initially drove the car for the first few months I noticed that with the increase in power I was getting some wheel spin in 1st and 2nd gears. It’s now coming to a year and I’ve noticed a few things.

I recently started to hear some knocking noise from under the car when the clutch is disengaged. When I put my foot down on the pedal this disappeared. The noise is inconsistent and seems to be less once the car has been driven. I also noticed that I was getting a shudder on initial take off in first and also in reverse. Never felt this before.

Recently I’ve noticed that when I take off the wheel spin that I was getting in the first two gears is no longer there and I can feel that the power from 1k to 3k RPM is considerably less.

I drove down to VRS for them to have a look however when I got there the noise had completely disappeared and I was told after a short drive that the car was fine and there were no issues.

what keeps bothering me is that I can still here the knocking noise on odd occasions from underneath the car and I’m still not getting the initial pick up in the first two gears that I was before and no wheel spin at all no matter how hard my foot is down.

I don’t really know what to do or what could be causing this and would appreciate any advice. I appreciate that this could be a number of potential issues if it even makes sense to anyone.

Its driving me crazy so appreciate anything that could be suggested.

Thanks