Audi S3 (8P) dipstick part number?

IanP19

Reaction score
Went to check the oil before a long drive and as I pulled out the dipstick all the plastic disintegrated. Luckily I don't think any fell into the engine.

Is the correct part number 06F 115 611 E?

Cheers

Edit: don't worry found it in the preventative maintenance thread. Knew I'd read it somewhere.

Went to check the oil before a long drive and as I pulled out the dipstick all the plastic disintegrated. Luckily I don't think any fell into the engine.

Is the correct part number 06F 115 611 E?

Cheers

Edit: don't worry found it in the preventative maintenance thread. Knew I'd read it somewhere.
Grab pne from akstuning

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: IanP19
You looking for the yellow one plus you have to buy housing pipe for it too dont buy the replacement orange sh!t

Yes bud thats the one plus the yellow dipstick

Cheers guys. Didn't see the o-ring on the dipstick so looks like I'll be fishing that out.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Cheers guys. Didn't see the o-ring on the dipstick so looks like I'll be fishing that out.

Probably inside the tube inner lip

Fingers crossed! I take it for the tube it's just, undo bolt on bracket and pull off?

Fingers crossed! I take it for the tube it's just, undo bolt on bracket and pull off?

Yea but its abit of **** to get off itll pop back in when u install the new one again quite fidly to get right angle

You need a 4mm spanner to undo the spindle holding it in place, it’s not just a 10mm but if you look carefully.
It’s difficult to grab hold of so I made a loop out of a cable tie and slipped it over the mounting lug then pull carefully. Best with a warm engine as it softens the plastic. It will let go all of a sudden!
Once it is loose, have a feel what it is like as if you were going to push it straight back on again. Lift it out carefully noting how it has to twist as it comes up.
Warm up the lower end of the new one with a hairdryer then reverse the twisting action.
When you are in the right place, the mounting loop will be a little bit further out from its proper position. A quick push down after it feels the same as the old one with a cloth to protect your fingers and it should click into place. If you have it right the dipstick will go in properly.

Reactions: e9_mustii
Parts turned up today, just went to check and the orange and yellow dipstick look the exact same size and also gave the same reading.

So didn't bother using the dipstick tube (glad I didn't, just looked like a ball ache as I couldn't even see the end of it).

Parts turned up today, just went to check and the orange and yellow dipstick look the exact same size and also gave the same reading.

So didn't bother using the dipstick tube (glad I didn't, just looked like a ball ache as I couldn't even see the end of it).

Your a lucky person as I could not be doing with the mismatch of colours!

Reactions: e9_mustii
Your a lucky person as I could not be doing with the mismatch of colours!
Finally a benefit to being colour blind.

I'd never done this preventative job because I always thought I had a yellow one.

Just seen your post on this subject too.

I didn’t change the tube, do you know if it is just the colour difference that warrants the change & is yours fine with orange tube and yellow dipstick?
As yours has been in a while now it seems from post and assume you never changed tube in end ?

Both dipsticks together are exactly same length and have exactly same marker positions so will work as long as dipstick seals & tube is identical length which I guess is but unless removed, I would never know.
Oil readings seem exactly the same on both also.
So much oil has leaked on my tube over time that i didn’t even see orange colour until I just read this as it is now fully black lol