Audi s3 8P lowering springs

Joshua Ward

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i am looking for a set of lowering springs that will retain the day to day driveability as its my daily, so not too sure as to how low to go and what brand, have been looking at H&R and Eibach mostly

Also I need advice on fitting and any other hardware that I require

Thank you all a bunch !!

Don't go too much lower if you want to maintain majority of factory comfort.

I have been looking into the exact same thing over the weekend and read a lot of conflicting information as is always the case with things that can very much come down to personal opinion.

H&R, Eibach and VWR (racingline) seem to be the main 3 if going springs only.. wouldn't go anything cheap as your asking for trouble.

All 3 companies specify they manufacture a spring to work perfectly with stock dampers.. how many miles are on your dampers would probably determine if you require changing any other hardware.

If dampers and top mounts are good then just springs is fine, if you want to spend significantly more then a damper/spring set like bilstein b12 or VWR suspension kit could be options.. with new top mounts. Just the suspension kit is going to be £500+ mind.

One thing i've found strange during this research is eibach pro kit only seems to come with front springs, there is no way i'd only change 2 springs, just couldn't do it.. would feel like changing brake disc/pad on only one side of the car.

My local Audi independent recommended VWR Springs with H&R/Eibach ARBs but now after all the reading i've done i'm still totally undecided and no further towards pulling the trigger! One thing I have ordered is a superpro ALK, fitted one to my mrs' golf mk5 gti and the impact is brilliant, hopefully its as effective on the S3!

Don’t discount coilovers as an alternative. You have your height adjustment but also maintain a good level of comfort. AP coilovers (about £430) are the best entry level coilovers available for the S3. I have ST-X and it completely transformed the ride over stock - much more forgiving over bumps (pot holes) whilst remaining comfortable. I fitted new top mounts at the same time.

Don't go too much lower if you want to maintain majority of factory comfort.

I have been looking into the exact same thing over the weekend and read a lot of conflicting information as is always the case with things that can very much come down to personal opinion.

H&R, Eibach and VWR (racingline) seem to be the main 3 if going springs only.. wouldn't go anything cheap as your asking for trouble.

All 3 companies specify they manufacture a spring to work perfectly with stock dampers.. how many miles are on your dampers would probably determine if you require changing any other hardware.

If dampers and top mounts are good then just springs is fine, if you want to spend significantly more then a damper/spring set like bilstein b12 or VWR suspension kit could be options.. with new top mounts. Just the suspension kit is going to be £500+ mind.

One thing i've found strange during this research is eibach pro kit only seems to come with front springs, there is no way i'd only change 2 springs, just couldn't do it.. would feel like changing brake disc/pad on only one side of the car.

My local Audi independent recommended VWR Springs with H&R/Eibach ARBs but now after all the reading i've done i'm still totally undecided and no further towards pulling the trigger! One thing I have ordered is a superpro ALK, fitted one to my mrs' golf mk5 gti and the impact is brilliant, hopefully its as effective on the S3!

You can still replace the rear springs while your there, a new set of OE ones cost me like £80. Eibach pro’s only come
With front lowering springs because the car sits too high at the front compared to the rear.

Hi guys,

i am looking for a set of lowering springs that will retain the day to day driveability as its my daily, so not too sure as to how low to go and what brand, have been looking at H&R and Eibach mostly

Also I need advice on fitting and any other hardware that I require

Thank you all a bunch !!
How much are you looking to spend in total?

I think it's too high at the back also, Ideally i'd like 25mm front and 15mm rear drop.. that would be ideal and with a good quality spring shouldn'r ruin the ride comfort

I have standard back and Eibach sport shocks and 20mm springs front and it sits fine but I do have ET 44 alloys on which sit flush with arches

Attachments

• 9648-1523651581-b4e26640ddbf375389055e9d56229982.jpg
    9648-1523651581-b4e26640ddbf375389055e9d56229982.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 307
  • 9639-1523650982-647faa8cf7c02c60c8ecada4ab76d478.jpg
    9639-1523650982-647faa8cf7c02c60c8ecada4ab76d478.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 320
I have standard back and Eibach sport shocks and 20mm springs front and it sits fine but I do have ET 44 alloys on which sit flush with arches
Nice ride man. I'm so used to Instagram first instinct was to double tap.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk