Audi S3 AMK Silicon Coolant Hoses

RoryH

Reaction score
My Audi S3 (AMK Engine) has a small coolant leak coming from the top radiator
hose (the box where it comes out of the engine) and from 2 random pipes (that i
think are coolant) just underneath the intlet manifold.

The leaks arent
really serious, the pipes are just wet and iv topped up the coolant once when i
first noticed the leak a few weeks back.

Im guesing the leak on the top
rad house is because the O-Ring that sits in the box has gone and is causing it
to leak so im going to have to rebleed the whole system anyway to get it
off.

Iv now decided that as the car has recently broke the 100k mark and
im planning on taking her out on the track in june/july im going to buy a full
silicon coolant hose kit for her as its about £50 for just a new top rad hose
from Audi or about £200 (prices vary and iv been looking around) for a full
silicon hose kit.

Can anyone recommend a good kit that they have used in
the past? Also im going to do the job myself and guessing it should be quite
straight forward but are there any hoses that are pretty hard to get to/hard to
remove?

Cheers,

Rory

I am waiting on a kit from Forge to try out as their current kit is for the Mk1 TT...

Will be posting up a full review once I have it done but just waiting on delivery to Forge atm...

<tuffty/>

awesome cant wait, do you know roughly how long it would take Paul , maybe 2-3 weeks or so ? im quite interested in changing all my pipes to silicone ...:icon_thumright:

Iv noticed that forge do a 9 piece coolant hose kit for the "1.8T Engine" and that they do a specific 13 piece kit for the "BAM Engine", surley the coolant hoses for the BAM should be exactly the same as the AMK? Because i believe they are pretty much identical abiet for the ECU?

awesome cant wait, do you know roughly how long it would take Paul , maybe 2-3 weeks or so ? im quite interested in changing all my pipes to silicone ...:icon_thumright:

No idea mate... my mate at Forge told me it should be some time this week or next but not heard from him as yet...

Iv noticed that forge do a 9 piece coolant hose kit for the "1.8T Engine" and that they do a specific 13 piece kit for the "BAM Engine", surley the coolant hoses for the BAM should be exactly the same as the AMK? Because i believe they are pretty much identical abiet for the ECU?

In theory yes... the AMK 'should' be the same but obviously Forge wouldn't sell it saying it would without trying it and as I need some hoses anyway I thought I would give it a go...

<tuffty/>

okay no worries mate... take your time :p im pretty much out of pocket for a month anyway went rather kill joy on the car