Audi S3 folding wing mirrors?

Bavlog

Reaction score
Hi all,

just bought a 2015 S3 the other day and it said it came with folding wing mirrors, it does have the option in the MMI for them and I ticked it but it still doesn’t seem to fold them when I lock the car. The wing mirror dial to electrically move them doesn’t have the symbol on it to select for folding which I have seen a few other Audi’s have.

what just wondering does it need that icon beside the dial for them to fold or am I doing something wrong?

the car had a few features I’ve noticed from the likes of obd added and was thinking is it possible the wing mirrors have been disabled ?

all help is very appreciated!

Did you buy it from a dealer or private? Could be the previous owner accidentally enabled the option to show in the MMI but it doesn’t have the hardware, especially since you said the button to fold them isn’t there.

Did you buy it from a dealer or private? Could be the previous owner accidentally enabled the option to show in the MMI but it doesn’t have the hardware, especially since you said the button to fold them isn’t there.
I bought it from a dealer, I had a feeling they maybe added it by accident but I was doubting myself as I can’t seem to folding them in by hand which made me think they are electric?

The switch should click into 5 different positions regardless of what symbols are there as the car could have had a retrofit or replacement door card. 3 at the top and 2 bottom. One of the bottom will Make it fold.

The switch set to bottom left is to fold them, but it would have a symbol for this if it had folding mirrors. Mine didn't show the option in the MMI settings until I enabled it with Carista, so I'm guessing the previous owned has added this in error?

Even the electric mirrors can be folded in by hand - manual and electric ones usually take a fair push to get them started.

If you've not got them & sound like them fitted, ping me a whatsapp for a quote.

Thanks for the help everyone. I’ve come to the conclusion that previous owner has added the option into the MMI with OBD thinking it would work and the dealer has seen that and just took a guess that it has folding mirrors. Going to look into a retrofit for them!