Audi S3 misfire cylinder 4 detected

Flosman

Reaction score
Good evening all hope you keep well I need some serious help with this issue I'm dealing with,last week started up to go work drive off realised engine management light came on scanned with my own reader the following codes came up engine abit shakey exhaust popping not smooth on idle what so ever

after looking aroud on some forums get some info Ive done the following,Ordered 4 new ngk spark plugs & 4 new red r8 coil packs from awesome GTi ,all plugged in same codes were showing,did the swap around with spark plugs & coils to make sure it was none of these still codes were present next day.....

went to garage to see if they could spot the problem they change sparks & plugs done a compression test first was told my coil may be faulty tried the original ones no luck I left the garage saying mayb an electrical problem.

took it home seen that the under pipe connected to the pcv valve had a small crack in it went to pull the hose it crumbled in my hand,I order pcv valve kit,pipes gasket & valve fitted same code still present tommrow I will check the hpfp & the cam follower, took away my induction kit and spotted what looks like some oil leaking not sure what to look for next but some advice would be appreciated
2881fc2f1ed7b1004d732f766210cad9.jpg
20210528 201759
20210528 201803
20210528 183522
20210528 183448
20210528 175302
20210528 175157

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20210528_183522.jpg
    20210528_183522.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 209
If u have done a compression test your problem could easily be your injectors.
Have you checked the coil pack loom to see if all connections click in correctly and there is no perishing .

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Is it still running badly? Did you clear the codes and see if they come back?

yh still sputters on idle tried clearing codes they eventually came back on also check check the coilpack plug and loom seems ok no idea where the oil has come from injectors gonna be next

There has been issues with the Orange dipstick check 'O' Ring is still at the top and not perished as usually many people have changed it out dor thr revision Yellow 1

just checked the dipstick no rubber on it all no idea when they came off or where will replace as soon as bank holidays done nothings open

You could order 1 from ur local Audi dealership there not to expensive , then have ur car scanned and try and find where the oil is coming from before u attack injectors, if i mind correctly u need special tool for taken out the injectors going by my mechanic

try this out I won't tackle the injectors think I'll leave that job to garage have u got part number for dipstick

06F 115 611 F, that should cover A3/S3 2008 2013

Reactions: Flosman
Dip stick came cars booked in for injector replacement and clean also found where oil leak was coming from

Dip stick came cars booked in for injector replacement and clean also found where oil leak was coming from

Before u put to garage put the dipstick in and rescan car just incase

Before u put to garage put the dipstick in and rescan car just incase

Was from a place called coverdale car parts i used the part number provided be checking every so often make sure it dont break again sure it will be fine , i wish i could been out this morning discover where the oil was coming from vacuum pump check it out is this a normal funtioning vacuum pump