Audi s3 next car

Nath1

Reaction score
Hi all, hoping to own an audi s3 as my next car first or second generation as I like both ! Currently driving mk5 gt tdi 140 ( face lift model ) at present so if anyone is thinking of going diesel maybe a px could be done, until then I carry on enjoying this forum :salute:

I bought an early generation s3 not that long ago, it was a 8L, 2000 reg, bodywork was immaculate, but it had zero service history, anyway paid 2150 for it, which I thought was cheap, but after 500 miles, BANG! Gearbox gave up :banghead:

Nath there is a few differences between the 8L and 8P also price wise,the older looks the part but the newer is more of an animal imho,any cars you see post on the forum as advice can be given and in some cases members have gone to view a car on behalf of others as its the other side of the country.

Unlucky Sam,I know Joe on here bought his S3 brand new and on 30k the gearbox went BANG.
Funnily enough it is not an issue with the car maybe his car was a friday afternoon build but yours was probably badly kept by the sounds of it.

Yes both different cars I guess 8l and 8p and in price , I do like the older type but as you say the new model is some what more energetic !! Won't be doing many miles hence going for an s3 other wise I'd be keeping the golf gt Tdi as its a really nice standard example and a 3 door ! So thought I join the forum as someone might be doing more miles , as a car enthusiasts I like to buy /sell off like minded people . All reply;s welcome .

LCGT0003

s3 okay? I also want to buy it, just do not know how to price, and i have not a lot of my money.