Sold Audi S3 Quattro BAM 225bhp Imola Yellow 119K

Status
Not open for further replies.

x_eyelashes_x

Reaction score
Runs fine with full MOT (EXP 7/19)

Previously recorded cat D (2011).

Has sunroof and aluminium mirror caps, also previous owner has fitted wind deflectors which look nice.

One key and part service history. Lots of receipts.

It has actually done less than 119K (currently 118,700) but I am using it daily.

Bought as a project and have have some of the planned work done but now time to pass on to a new owner who is able to do some jobs themself!

• Idles fine
  • Smooth gear changes
  • Good turbo from what I can tell - boosts well, nice and quick.
  • Clutch fine but low speed judder unless more gas given
  • Full leather Recaro interior in great condition just two very minor nicks to passenger seat
  • All electrics work fine
  • Cluster unit not pixellated
  • Bodywork good - no dints
  • Timing belt and waterpump done by previous owner at 80k

Work done in my ownership:

• All brake flexi hoses replaced and some of the brake pipes (£££!)
  • Brake fluid changed.
  • Major service - all filters and spark plugs included
  • Haldex service
  • Both sills welded
  • Two new tyres on the rear
  • New ABS Sensor (pricy to fit)

My honest opinion on work I think is needed!

• Brakes have about 4k left on them so will need doing at some point
  • I planned to have a full, glass out respray which I think is needed due to a lazy job done by previous owners (probably after cat D). The overall look is good but look close at the edges and the work is substandard.
  • Alarm fault
  • Driver door misalligned - strong pull or shove to close needed! It has scratched the sill protector. Probably a new door badly fitted.
  • Boot needs grab handle
  • Boot takes strong shove to close
  • Central locking only works on the key fob but not on the button inside the car.
  • Speakers not the best but they work and are no worse than my previous Audi (A3 1.8T Sport).
  • Carpet worn through beneath drivers mat because someone obviously didn't think they needed to use one!
  • Fan on intermittently but no overheating issues. Mechanic is unconcerned.

I always buy any used car with an open mind and plan to keep them for a long time but I have realised it is not a practical car for me and although I like spending money on cars because I can't do the work myself it costs more than I can realistically afford! Looking now for a Mini of all things lol. I. Know I won't get my money back - I have spent over 4k but I need enough to buy a reasonable Mini.

It starts and drives perfectly well to be honest. Very comfy with the leather and turns heads because of the colour!

Offers invited!

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/galle...llow-black-recaro-leather-119-000-miles.4390/

Last edited:
I have found a Mini I am interested in. I could do with selling this quickly as I start my new job at the end of the month and need an economical and smaller car that I can squeeze into tight spaces. I was thinking about £2500 which is less than I paid, and with the work I have had done I think it is worth that!

Last edited:
I have found a Mini I am interested in. I could do with selling this quickly as I start my new job at the end of the month and need an economical and smaller car that I can squeeze into tight spaces. I was thinking about £2500 which is less than I paid, and with the work I have had done I think it is worth that!
If you download an app called ,( picture resizer) and just follow instructions on how to resize mind pics need to be less than 2mb

Reactions: x_eyelashes_x
Status
Not open for further replies.