Audi S3 saloon cruise control not working all the time.

amit87

Reaction score
Morning Guys,

Weird issue.... did a forum and Google search but nothing really.

My cruise control doesn't always work. This is an issue that' gradually got worse in last couple months. Sometimes cruise control turns on.... other times nothing.... no green light nothing. No error codes either. Any ideas?

Need to get a passenger in the car to film the scenario just in case When it goes in it does work. I'm thinking it may need a new stalk.

Got few months warranty left so going to book it in asap but thought I would ask if anyone has experienced this before.

Thanks

Two possibilities. The stalk is broken or the switch which recognizes either clutch pedal or brake pedal.
I have had both in my previous cars. In my Jetta it acted on/off and it was the stalk. In my B7 it was the clutch switch.

Reactions: amit87
Thanks my friend. Will give me good grounds to understand. I'm one of them annoying customers as I prefer to know the round about solutions before handing the car over. Booked in for early Nov now.

Two possibilities. The stalk is broken or the switch which recognizes either clutch pedal or brake pedal.
I have had both in my previous cars. In my Jetta it acted on/off and it was the stalk. In my B7 it was the clutch switch.

Finally car went in and got it back.

Had the following done:

1) Gearbox software updated
2) camshaft lifter system replaced. This is a TSB.

Supposedly 1) will resolve the cruise control issue and 2) should resolve the slightly rough idle.

Will update this thread if the issue persists.

Had the following done:

Supposedly 1) will resolve the cruise control issue and 2) should resolve the slightly rough idle.

How much did that cost you mate? I have the same problems, plus sometimes i get a message popping up saying gear box malfunction drive on D and see work shop...will you guys know anything about this?

sometimes i get a message popping up saying gear box malfunction drive on D and see work shop...will you guys know anything about this?

Had the following done:

But when i switch the car off and on it disappears it comes on once every 3/4?momths

But when i switch the car off and on it disappears it comes on once every 3/4? Months...

If you have S-tronic there is a micro switch that activates when you put it into park, this switch gets a bit gummed up over time and the contacts get a bit iffy which causes a fault to display. One way reported to clear the fault is to move the selector all the way forward and back multiple times causing the switch to make and break hopefully clearing the muck between the contacts. The other way is to replace the microswitch. There are two versions which seem to depend on the type of mount in the selector. There is a guide on YouTube.