Audi S3 Sportback STronic - issues with a flat spot at 3600rpm

ved789

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2010 Audi S3 Sportback Stronic. I currently have software, 3" downpipe, Autotech HPFP and Forge twintake.
I am having a problem on the car that has been very difficult to solve.
Ever since the car was mapped, there is massive pull in the timing (Group 003) in VCDS between 3600rpm to 4200rpm in any gear (this is just as the car gets into boost). The car feels like there is a pause, and then starts accelerating again. It is highly frustrating. If I, however accelerate flat out (past the kick down switch), it is all fine, but when I accelerate from the WOT position at the kickdown switch, I get this hesitation. My tuner has tried loading different maps, but to no avail. The map on the car has worked perfectly fine on my friends (new spec) S3 which is manual.

I am hence very confused and have really been scratching my head. This problem really affects my day to day driving, as, as soon I gradually accelerate, I get the hesitation, which is really annoying.

Has anyone had anything similar, or could anyone share any light into this ?

Thanks

I would check the fuel pump (through Vagcom) Actual pressure Vs requested. Any significant differences? Check the Lamda sensor too.

Did you get anywhere with this?

I'm getting it on my 2006 A3 DSG 2.0TFSI and is really annoying. Doesn't occur when planting the car from 1st all the way through the gears, but it does happen when I use 50% throttle from around 3000 - 4000 rpm

There are a few threads regarding a hesitation, ! have one when (S3 DSG 2010) just cruising at around 3k and over, it just hesitates every now again, but fine when accelerating hard, it does become a little annoying when high speed cruising

I was about to say maybe its related to yours Brett