Audi S3 sportback with RS3 conversion - need advice please

AKR

Reaction score
Hi Guys. New to this forum. I am in the market for an Audi S3 sportback. I am not in a hurry as this time of year I assume its a buyers market and cash is king etc. anyway seen this car on pistonheads. It's a stock S3 sportback with full RS3 conversion. What am I looking for? Seems tidy enough, and I believe they have converted themselves. However I can't find something to compare it against?
also is it better for me to buy stock S3 and do conversion? Advert link below. Advice would be appreciated.

Used 2009 Audi S3 S3 TFSI QUATTRO for sale in West Yorkshire | Pistonheads

1st opinion... It looks pretty much spot on except maybe for the alloy wheels.... Looks as if they've used 19's from an A4 which is still perfectly legit but you can see the tyre stretch on them when looking closely...

RS3's have 19" Rotors at ET50 8J ... This car looks to have A4 Rotors at ET43 8.5J not as if it makes any difference... A4 Rotors are just a lot easier to get a hold of is all...

*Edit*

and the mirrors are still the 2009 dumbos... Not the later model folding smaller 1's... Apart from that it looks good!

1st opinion... It looks pretty much spot on except maybe for the alloy wheels.... Looks as if they've used 19's from an A4 which is still perfectly legit but you can see the tyre stretch on them when looking closely...

RS3's have 19" Rotors at ET50 8J ... This car looks to have A4 Rotors at ET43 8.5J not as if it makes any difference... A4 Rotors are just a lot easier to get a hold of is all...

*Edit*

and the mirrors are still the 2009 dumbos... Not the later model folding smaller 1's... Apart from that it looks good!

look closer lol, its a full copy kit the grill bumper and spoiler and rear valance,

AUDI A3 S3 RS3 BODY KIT Conversion face lift upgrade bodykit | eBay

*Edit*

look closer lol, its a full copy kit the grill bumper and spoiler and rear valance,

AUDI A3 S3 RS3 BODY KIT Conversion face lift upgrade bodykit | eBay

If it had been converted with genuine parts then probably a good buy, if as said fibreglass then I wouldn't bother, you could get the same mileage/condition S3 for £17-£18k and do it yourself for a lot cheaper, or for around the same money with genuine parts.

Does look ****** nice though.

from what i have seen from the kit it looks like a good copy but the fixing arnt all there, like the spoiler all the inside is hollow and you cant screw it down and theres not much that you can stick the glue on to to glue it down

What's the issue with fibreglass kits ??

They're fibreglass, it's not an ideal material for making body parts to be honest, impact will shatter it.

The fit and finish is never as good as the genuine ABS plastic parts specifically mounting points & edges.

I'd use a fiberglass spoiler if the quality was good but not wings and bumpers.

Just seen the reply above, agree with what he says if that's the case.

Maths is not my strong point, but if a decent sportback with similar miles costs me around 17-18k, then how much would a full conversion cost me? Including alloys and labour? I get a figure around 3-4k. Once bought and converted I am looking at around 21-22k right?
Anyone converted one cheaper?

Have to admit, it does look ****** good for a rep!

Well quick up date, I am going to look at it over the weekend. Let see what happens!!!