Audi s3 stage 2+ Engine oil

Pat, what oil did you use when i had my service there bud? i opted for the better one you offered me? long life something?

Looks like I'll be digging the ramps out then,there's pro's and cons to using an extractor,is it easy to spot the filter ?

Looks like I'll be digging the ramps out then,there's pro's and cons to using an extractor,is it easy to spot the filter ?

yeah its in a domed black plastic holder with a large hexagon on the bottom at the front of the engine block. depending on the type fitted to the engine there will either be a small allen key nut at the centre on the bottom, remove to drain oil from filter, or a a kind of nipple that needs a special tool to drain it. If you can't get the tool your just going to get oil on your hands not the end of the world just messy. If you can get the big socket it helps but you still can loosen it with a large mole grip its just harder and can damage the plastic a bit.

Not trying to scare you off, you can get the socket for less than a tenner. Good luck.

I think that I've found an even easier method to change oil :p

Reactions: Compkiler
The recirc / PCV and intake seem to get the worst of it, I'm tempted to get my intake walnut blasted as it has 110k kms on it (70k miles).
Seems to be fairly uncommon here, Australia was brought up on Japanese cars and NA 6 and 8 cylinder cars.

There may not be much difference between 502 and 504 otherwise, but anything to stop the gunk is a good idea IMO.

What oil would you use in Aus for a stage 2 bluefin s3 8p?

I changed from standard Audi oil to the Nanodrive beginning off March 18 and have had no issues with it so should be fine

Where do you get the nanodrive in Aus for a good price? Can you recommend a more affordable option on 5w 40?

Any of the other ester racing oils , Fuchs Titan Race Pro S , Gulf Competition , Red Line , Motul 300V , Motul Sport .

There is some older cheaper Millers Nanodrive CFS non NT+ about .

How does the Penrite 5w 40 stack up?

Terrible amount of marketing , surprised the container hasn't got a Type R badge or go faster stripes .

Penrite 5w 40
TYPICAL DATA

Density at 15°C, kg/L 0.857
Viscosity, Kinematic, cSt at 40°C 91
Viscosity, Kinematic, cSt at 100°C 14.4
Viscosity Index 167
Cold Cranking Viscosity, cP at -30°C 6400
Zinc, Mass % 0.124
Phosphorus, Mass % 0.113
Sulphated Ash, Mass % 1.28
Base Number 10.4

Thoughts on the nulon?

Attachments

• 750D1876-9B96-4B69-9309-061EA044E4D2.jpeg
    750D1876-9B96-4B69-9309-061EA044E4D2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 113
Better than the Penrite .

But if we're talking Stage 2+ nothing less than a racing ester oil will do .