Audi S3 to VW Golf R - Am I a joke to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly ... an A3 vorsprung with the groovy alloys looks more aggressive & purposeful than the S3 in that video. It looks like an A3 sport not even s line.
Audi’s S Model styling has always been subtle but that is far far too subtle, plus it sounds like a hoover. Taking the term sleeper to a whole new level :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, Jassyo06 and 2 others
My Forthcoming car has the 320-ps EA888 engine but according to the Audi configurator it still only 400 NM and not 420 NM of torque like the GR8 bit strange me thinks...Besides a drive like a Parish Priest....torque wont matter lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, pburv, Jcbmally and 2 others
What were you saying about white :tearsofjoy:

& wtf is going on with the shiny bits on the front grill ? :blink:

Its the Clam shell like bonnet it gives the impression that the car looks narrower than it is....like someone said Black paint hides the marmite design tweaks

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally and pburv
hmm ... maybe :)

View attachment 216543

Audi%20A3%2045%20TFSI%20e%20plug-in%20hybrid.jpg

or maybe NOT :tearsofjoy:

You seen the price of the Hybrid version as in the one in the photo ^^^ its like £7000 more expensive than the equivalent petrol version S-Line to S-Line

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, pburv, Jcbmally and 1 other person
My Forthcoming car has the 320-ps EA888 engine but according to the Audi configurator it still only 400 NM and not 420 NM of torque like the GR8 bit strange me thinks...Besides a drive like a Parish Priest....torque wont matter lol
It will be the same gen4 ea888 engine as in the Tiguan R with 320bhp which has 420nm. My guess is their info on the site isn't accurate?

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and Jcbmally
It will be the same evo4 ea888 engine as in the Tiguan R with 320bhp which has 420nm. My guess is their info on the site isn't accurate?

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
It will be the same evo4 ea888 engine as in the Tiguan R with 320bhp which has 420nm. My guess is their info on the site isn't accurate?

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
^^^^^
Haven't a clue as to why it posted more than once?? lol

Reactions: Sparks43, Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
You seen the price of the Hybrid version as in the one in the photo ^^^ its like £7000 more expensive than the equivalent petrol version S-Line to S-Line
It’s taking the ****, hybrid is heavier and in the real world worse on fuel, like the Prius tat.
I remember a work colleague raving about the Prius and then he got shot of it in 8 months, reason was it was averaging 32mpg.
^^^^^
Haven't a clue as to why it posted more than once?? lol
Cause you got so over excited, got delirious and couldn’t stop pressing “post reply” button :whistle2::friends:

Reactions: BarryG79, Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
It’s taking the ****, hybrid is heavier and in the real world worse on fuel, like the Prius tat.
I remember a work colleague raving about the Prius and then he got shot of it in 8 months, reason was it was averaging 32mpg.

Cause you got so over excited, got delirious and couldn’t stop pressing “post reply” button :whistle2::friends:
I might have just dropped off for a few seconds lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Frizzley, Jcbmally, Bells and 2 others
@jassyo06

if your TTS has the same output as the golf r it will be insane !

The performance will be blistering & in such a great handling car it will some driving experience :icon thumright:

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally and Jassyo06
@jassyo06

if your TTS has the same output as the golf r it will be insane !

The performance will be blistering & in such a great handling car it will some driving experience :icon thumright:

Still and got the TTRS mate but too much to run lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin and Jcbmally
And..... time to get back on topic....
Longevity of any Thread on a forum is all down to members knowledge and opinions but one can only post so much on a specific car/ topic hence most members chit chat between each other ...until we learn more...its probably why this 8v/8y section is still in existence as you well know

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, pburv and 1 other person
Longevity of any Thread on a forum is all down to members knowledge and opinions but one can only post so much on a specific car/ topic hence most members chit chat between each other ...until we learn more...its probably why this 8v/8y section is still in existence as you well know

^^^^ +1

very very true :yes:

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, NevMan and 1 other person
Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06, NevMan and 1 other person
You bought wisely mate ... the ‘s’ is the sweet spot 100%
Cheers mate its now built and on its way to a port in Germany...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, Bells and 2 others
Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, BarryG79 and 2 others
My Tiny Todger has the same engine as the Golf R so kinda was on topic lol VAG are kicking the "hole" out of these sport variants of the G8 the Edition 45 would be my choice as l think it comes with akrapovic exhaust as standard

I did chuckle at chat comment

Yep, comes with the akrapovic

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Cheers mate its now built and on its way to a port in Germany...

Exciting times mate

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Thread Locked

This thread has now gone way off topic and continues to do so so I'm calling time on it

If you want to carry on with all the off topic chat there is a thread specifically for it, as some of you already well know
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/asns-pub.113532/

Feel free & gif away in there to your hearts content & have fun in there but stop wrecking decent posts peoples

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.