Audi S3 vs golf gti mk5 gti ed30

My best friend has an edition 30.

It was used as Revo's software development car.

stage 2+ is unreal in that thing, relentless power, no dips, no matter the heat outside, it just runs far better.

At the end of the day it's the same lump under there bar a slightly weaker bottom end. None of that matters unless you go more than 440bhp as it's capable of that just like the S3 is.

Whiteline anti-lift kit and rear ARB and it outruns (stage ahead granted) and out corner my S3 no problem at all and I don't drive slowly at all!!
Some on here have had the pleasure of riding shotgun...;)

In the wet, different story completely. Audi much better, and the noise from the Milltek when you hit the limiter with DSG and the traction control off is insanely good.

Golfs come with a better spec, tilt down on reverse mirrors for example, can't get that on our Audi's.

Ed30 seats are far better than standard S3 seats.

Then you have the price of the thing initially, it's cheaper, but in reality, for no great reason other than VW sits lower in the VAG group in prestige terms.

In my eyes purely the badge makes it expensive. as most parts are shared with the Golf MK5 GTI and 4wd R32.

you could say a hybrid of them both make the S3.

I like the S3, and it gets the nod from most, stands out too.

However I'd love to leave it in the car park and not worry about it going walkies or something being broken.

With the Golf, common as muck, just another Golf in the car park to most, it's highly understated, and yes the S3 is too but not quite so.

If I were to choose again, I'll take the Golf, cheaper, lighter, often quicker in a straightline (not from standing start obviously) and with the Anti lift kit it's a dream to drive.

Nothing like 'bigging up' a VW on and audi forum but it deserves far more credit than most give it.

Find an Ed30, a 2+ one!

S3 is a little 'safe'

Seen a candy white one for 13k stage 2 shhh don't tell anyone on here ;-)

No matter which one you choose, you will certainly get a great carFWD with a little modifications feels a lot more a live than AWD with the same power. S3 will put down the power when you ask it to with the AWD where you really need to learn how to drive a FWD.Quality inside : Audi all the way

Personally, I'd say S3 if you live in somewhere with regular snow or bad weather. ED30 if you wanted to save some of your money to modify.

Either way both decent cars, I know what id chose but it's all your decision.