AUDI S3

Richey

Reaction score
Audi S3 (8P) Passenger side window mechanism / regulator, anyone fitted an after market one, if so are they ok or should i just get an genuine one from Audi?

Fitted aftermarket driverside window regulator over a year ago & its still working great. Think I paid roughly £35-40 from Ebay...

However I had to do the same on my previous car, Golf GT with an aftermarket part & it lasted approximately 4 months & I had to replace it.
If price is not an issue then I'd be looking for a genuine or even pre-owned part...

Fitted aftermarket driverside window regulator over a year ago & its still working great. Think I paid roughly £35-40 from Ebay...

However I had to do the same on my previous car, Golf GT with an aftermarket part & it lasted approximately 4 months & I had to replace it.
If price is not an issue then I'd be looking for a genuine or even pre-owned part...
I think i will buy a genuine one

Reactions: No more

The thing with pre owned is to make sure that it is from a low mileage vehicle, since these are parts that wear down with use.

An example is the door lock module, which contains two brushed dc motors.
After rougly 90k km on my vehicle, the motors on the passenger door have been filled with debris from being used.
A new module is expensive, but I saved the buck by cleaning the motors with WD-40 (I know that WD-40 conducts. To my knowledge, it doesn't affect the shielding on the coils inside the motor). The door is opening fine since then. It's a matter of time till the motor needs replacement due to it being a wear item. Unfortunately I couldn't find replacement dc motors, so rebuilding isn't always possible.

Tl dr;
Don't try to save money buying a used part if it's a part that will wear, unless it can be rebuilt with ease.

Reactions: No more
Genuine is around £120. Oem brand (valeo, magneti marelli etc) are £50 to £60.
Chinese tat is £20 up.

Personally I'd be fitting a valeo or similar, but if you're paying for labour then genuine might not be a bad idea.

Reactions: No more and Sibmets
Genuine is around £120. Oem brand (valeo, magneti marelli etc) are £50 to £60.
Chinese tat is £20 up.

Personally I'd be fitting a valeo or similar, but if you're paying for labour then genuine might not be a bad idea.
Second that, I'd also go for OEM brand.
Stay away from Chinese cheepos!

Audi A4 B9 3.0 TDi quattro 200 kw