Audi S4 2015 New model or 2013 used one

speedup

Reaction score
I owned a 2007 A4 and sold it to my friend. I want a more powerful one. Since my previous A4 is reliable, I plan to get a S4. I did some research and contacted some dealers online.
At beginning, I only considered the new car and autopriceshare dealers gave me a fair offer: 2014 S4 (quattro S tronic Premium Plus) Price 45974. Just yesterday, a local dealer contacted me and said he has a basic model of 2013 S4.
I need advices for two questions:
1. Are there any obvious improvements since 2013 model? if not, I may take the used one since the price will be better.
2. Are there any platforms to share or estimate used car's price? For new car, I could check what others paid in autopriceshare.com. Are there any similar platforms for used cars?

Thanks in advance, friends

Most of the changes to the B8 since the 2012MY facelift are to standard spec - adding a few previously optional extras as standard - that kind of stuff.

I don't think (someone will soon correct me I'm sure), there have been any major mechanical tweaks?

2015 model has EU6 emissions and is meant to be more economical, mine has just done 1000 miles, three fills 27, 22.3 and 28.6mpg. You can tell from the CO2 which should be 180 for the 2015 model put the registration into
https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/
- there are some 2015 registered cars which are 2014 models. 2015 also has TPMS. You should get a very good discount on a late car, I believe there is 7k off to order, I got more off a preregistered car.
You need Sat Nav for good resale value.

I am guessing that as you mention Premium Plus that you are North America based ?
There may be some timing differences to the engine variant/emission releases to that of Europe.

2015 model has EU6 emissions and is meant to be more economical, mine has just done 1000 miles, three fills 27, 22.3 and 28.6mpg. You can tell from the CO2 which should be 180 for the 2015 model put the registration into
https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/.
Hey, that could be good news for my S4 order. I'm build week 23, which means I'll get a 2016 model year with EU6 emissions. Presently, I've assumed it's in Band J, so £490 in year one followed by £265 thereafter. But if it's moved to band I, then that's £340 in year one, and then £225.

Hey, that could be good news for my S4 order. I'm build week 23, which means I'll get a 2016 model year with EU6 emissions. Presently, I've assumed it's in Band J, so £490 in year one followed by £265 thereafter. But if it's moved to band I, then that's £340 in year one, and then £225.

You'll be fine. It's 225 for my 2015 :)

Reactions: jdp1962
Tax was £225, it had been already registered and taxed but not used, once the first higher tax is paid subsequent taxation is at the normal rate. Tax was one of the many things I got included in the purchase cost.

@jdp1962 - All MY15 S4's are EU6 emissions. The Feb 2015 brochure is showing 178 co2 emissions for the S4 saloon s-tronic, so RFL will be £225/year (Band I) after 1st years £345 which is included, or should be, in the OTR charges

In the above brochure the S4 Avant is showing 180 co2 emissions & a tenth of a second slower for the 0-62mph dash ;)

As all week 22 update cars have no engine changes, these figures will be the same for those cars my friend :thumbs up:

Reactions: jdp1962
@jdp1962 - All MY15 S4's are EU6 emissions. The Feb 2015 brochure is showing 178 co2 emissions for the S4 saloon s-tronic, so RFL will be £225/year (Band I) after 1st years £345 which is included, or should be, in the OTR charges

In the above brochure the S4 Avant is showing 180 co2 emissions & a tenth of a second slower for the 0-62mph dash ;)

As all week 22 update cars have no engine changes, these figures will be the same for those cars my friend :thumbs up:
Thanks, Col.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Got my new S4 last week. The dealer give a 300 more discount at the end of this month. thanks

Reactions: scotty76
Got my new S4 last week. The dealer give a 300 more discount at the end of this month. thanks
You know the rules. It Didn't happen without the pics ;)

Reactions: ERBY and scotty76
Hi

I just got mine yesterday. A used 2013 with 26k miles with a host of options. I priced the same car on the Audi builder with a otr price of £49k. I lifted my for £27k. Very happy after only 24 hrs of ownership

Need to look at software mods