Audi s4 is my clutch slipping?

AudiPete

Reaction score
Hi All i'm having an issue with my B8 s4 Advant 2010 when i'm in 5th or 6th gear and do a kickdown to 2nd gear it has a feeling of the clutch slipping as the car revs from around 4 to 6k then grabs and goes, is this normal,
all gears in manual mode are fine with no slip, I've done the dl501 calibration and this fixed the clunky gearchange but it's a strange feeling with the revs going up but with limited power with the feel of clutch slipping, is it just the gearbox being slow getting to 2nd gear its around 1.5 to 2 sec delay. Launch's are perfect with no slip.

That sounds like clutch slip to me
I'm not sure, don't know why it doesn't do it when launching or going from 3rd to 2nd, only when it's going down from 2 gears up, I don't often use the kickdown but it worries me a bit.

isn't the S4 box a DSG one and therefore has two clutch packs? could be one is worn more than the other...

I am no expert so could be very wide of the mark!

When was the last time the gearbox had a service? Dsg boxes can be quite sensitive and needs serviced regularly(38k) otherwise things like the mechatronics unit can break.

Reactions: AudiPete
Clutchpack slip is usually accompanied by an overtemperature DTC.

Reactions: AudiPete
It seems to be ok today, I've just fitted a pulley and flashed a stage 2+ map last week with a tcu tune, I don't think it did it before I flashed the car, but I can't be sure as i've only had the car a few weeks, she only seemed to do it after I did a gearbox calibration, maybe it needed to calibrate some more by driving, I've just taken her out for a spin and she seems to be fine now, there is still a little pause from 7th to 2nd but it grabs and goes, so strange I will just have to keep my eye on it, thanks all for your help..

Regards
Pete

When was the last time the gearbox had a service? Dsg boxes can be quite sensitive and needs serviced regularly(38k) otherwise things like the mechatronics unit can break.
I will be doing a service on the mechtronic part of the gearbox on the weekend maybe one of the filters is a little blocked. Thanks for the advise

Reactions: AlS3BE