Website
www.maidenhead-systema.co.uk
So request was made for a comparison.

I went from 475BHP MRC stage 2+ B8 S4:
d8fa3a78bbde930353cadedcca57aad3.jpg

To a 3ltr twin turbo diesel 275BHP Jag XFS
64fcdd3250bdf4317f8a20c53048d61a.jpg

7c74350da7563692358db967b8665158.jpg

Just driven back from Wales in the new car. You can't really compare them is my first thought. The S4 was a bit of a sleeper, and just ripped your head when you wanted to. The jag is more refined, power in a sexy way.
Prefer the grill on the jag and the rear diffuser, but prefer the quads of the S4, might need to get some XFR quads to finish it off.

Suspension:
With the drive select dampers it was alright in comfort and then tightened up in dynamic. Crap roads round here still felt a bit harsh though.
The Jag is on 20's, and despite that it was softer, even in dynamic mode. It has more wallow than the Audi, but Audis have always been on the harsh side.

Steering:
Upgraded RS5 wheel with extended paddles was awesome, great grip. With dynamic mode the heavy feeling felt much tighter.
The jag just feels too light tbh, needs a bit more heavy engagement.

Power:
Obviously compared to the Audi it can't touch it. However it still is powerful with loads of grunt 600Nm. Pulls very easily at any speed, and easy to suddenly hit high speeds. Pretty quiet though which is a shame and no supercharger whine...

Engine:
Jag is very refined, hardly notice the noise unless in dynamic mode and flooring it with the windows open. Needs a bit more noise tbh.
The Audi being petrol has that one with its stronic farts :)
Concern is apparently the box doesn't auto shift up if in manual mode and doesn't have a redline protector (yet to test this-which I won't , just thinking the sales guy didn't have clue).
Theoretically I would have got 41.4mpg whilst doing a stable 91mph from Wales to reading. That would be low 20's in the Audi. Be interesting to see how it compares around town when I was hitting 16-17mpg.
Paddle shifts work well and responsive in both cars.

Interior:
Despite the carbon in the Audi, the jag has it, it has air vents that appear when you turn the engine on (not getting bored of that in a long time :))
I got the redzone leather which has red stitching around the cabin, and red and black heated and cooled (!) seats. More slippy than the alcantara in the Audi, but then you inflate the bolsters ala RS4 style (although you control how much to inflate them by)and you don't go anywhere.
Electronic adjustments have more options on the jag, both had memory.
Leather dash finishes it off as well. Very classy

Technology:
Prefer the Audi sat nav when it's working, but love the fact the jag actually takes a full postcode!!
Can't seem to find any data like oil level or service interval so need to consult the manual. So Audi for that.
The jag can stream music via Bluetooth or plug your iPhone into the port in the armrest and play it from there whilst charging it. A big plus of not having too faff around with SD cards.
Jag doesn't have voice control so will see if I can fit retrospectively as was very useful on the Audi.
The centre console seems more centre based in the jag, and not as angled or close by to as in the Audi. Preferred the closeness of the Audi controls.
Bowers stereo is very good, think the B&O might slightly have it, but need to test some more tunes.
Reverse camera as well as sensors is a nice plus, but rear visibility is worse though.
Wipers- yes, wipers...the jag has the washer jets on the actual arms so lays down water next to the blades as it wipes, God I'm easy to please, no jets going off at angles here!!
And heated windscreen will be great come next winter.

Space:
Boot seems longer in the jag.
Room in the back is less, my sons car seat seems closer to the front seats, not sure the wife will be pleased about losing her "never enough" space a bit...otherwise his feet will be curled up. Might need to see if he'll got the next stage up as they're not as bulky...

Car overall seems lower, feels like it should be more sporty, but maybe I've just been spoilt...
It does seem like a more executive car, which is probably better for me and less likely for me to lose licence tbh..

But....but....that power delivery of the S4 when on WOT, god I will always miss that!

So early days, but happy so far, and time will tell whether it's a great move or one I'll regret. Need to stick some tints on it, and red callipers and mudflaps next...(the missing will never completely disappear for me lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: THQuattro, mancdan, jdp1962 and 6 others
Good review. As you've said two completely different cars so you can't really compare them like for like. Always found jags more refined. Smoother quite etc... The one you've you is certainly a looker. Very nice.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Reactions: razza1
It's a great choice razza, I have a soft spot for jags.

Colleague of mine gone from the XF to a new XE S, both great cars

Hope you enjoy the new ride

What did you actually use voice control for in the s4? I struggle to find any real use for it

What did you actually use voice control for in the s4? I struggle to find any real use for it
Mainly just calling people tbh, but in the jag you have to scroll through it. Just very useful to not have to scroll through loads of names...
I never really did fully utilise voice control aside from that.

That's epic!

You just been sitting outside turning the car on and off since you got it? Haha!

Have to say I don't feel like having to race people anymore, not that I did much anyway but always had people try it on (and lose lol) in the Audi. The jag makes you rise above it

Reactions: V6 Quatt, mancdan and Chop.
I've not felt the need yet if I'm honest. An rs4 and rs5 on the way home but that was it.

Everything else is just a walk in the park with it!

Have to say I don't feel like having to race people anymore, not that I did much anyway but always had people try it on (and lose lol) in the Audi. The jag makes you rise above it

Glad your liking the jag so far mate I do like how it looks

that having to race feeling hahaha I hear u there

Great review. Yes, I love those vents too!

Reactions: xpoweruk and razza1
Ha Ha, I'll stick with my mein kampf for now, these leather under pants do chaff your legs though!

Seriously though, talking about slipper like I was, I needed a new pair of slipper (I was told) so I fancied a proper loud Rupert the Bear style ones, just for spite, that was not allowed, so I chose a "hotter" pair, cost a fortune - but I wore them outside and when doing serious workie jobs in the house - after about 10 years the soles started falling apart and leaving black bits everwhere, so they have been retired, normal slippers are sh**!!

Hope you really enjoy the XF, @razza1.

And when you want it fettled, contact this fella. He's my nephew, and he doesn't just restore old Jags. He can look after contemporary ones too.

Nice write up Razza. I am still comparing my current Focus to everything on my Audi, just can't seem to let it go!

@razza1 surprised you went auto box again. Is the Jag one a conventional auto?
Surprised myself, but this comes with a 2yr Jag warranty, so I'm covered with stress free motoring (until I need to buy tyres for the 20" wheels....)
Paddle shift, 8 speed. Did research and they seems more reliable than the Audi boxes

Reactions: scotty76

Lol it makes you refined!!

What happens on the Jag forums? Do they have stickies for sheepskin coat dealers? :D

Reactions: ScottishA4B9, jdp1962 and Keef
And 'show us pics of your Jag parked outside the golf club'!!!! :tearsofjoy:

@razza1 Have you considered a plug and play box like DTUK? Wouldn't effect warranty and you can take it off when it goes in for servicing etc.

What happens on the Jag forums? Do they have stickies for sheepskin coat dealers? :D
And 'show us pics of your Jag parked outside the golf club'!!!! :tearsofjoy:

@razza1 Have you considered a plug and play box like DTUK? Wouldn't effect warranty and you can take it off when it goes in for servicing etc.
You guys crack me up lol, the banter seems just as good actually, seem like a good bunch.
I have considered it, but not sure I want to mess with anything. Diagnostics could show its boosting more than std potentially which Could highlight its been mapped

Reactions: ScottishA4B9, xpoweruk and scotty76
Yeah just take it off before serving! That's what I plan to do. More and more manufacturers are approving these plug in boxes. I know BMW approve a certain brand as do some other manufacturers.

It would be good to hear future updates from you on your new Jag. I only hear good things about them.

Reactions: xpoweruk
I drove a Xf with a pully exhaust and mapped running massive power the other day. I was really disappointed !

It just could not put its power down. Lovely car though.

I drove a Xf with a pully exhaust and mapped running massive power the other day. I was really disappointed !

It just could not put its power down. Lovely car though.

Even this XFS unmapped can spin due to the torque. Not sure I'd get it mapped tbh as would just chew tyres.
The xfr' s can run some big power, but as you say it's not practical day to day.

Reactions: xpoweruk
Loving it, quality feels much better, the ride is smoother even on the bigger wheels, and seems more upmarket.
I miss the responsiveness of the Audi though and the steering isn't heavy enough for me. I've upgraded the steering wheel to make it thicker which is better.
The full postcode sat nav is always a bonus but the media interface is so much slower than the Audi.
I don't miss the petrol bills though tbh...and honestly with my journeys at the moment I don't really notice the power difference between them.
The intercooler went but covered under warranty so glad I went with a dealer. My experience with jag customer services was miles apart from Audi though, which makes me think I'm converted for good...
Managed to get all 4 cases in for holiday as well so boot is bigger.
And most importantly of course my son loves the red seats lol...
One of the guys at work thought I was one of the Exec driving in the other day :D

Reactions: xpoweruk and scotty76