Audi S8 Quattro D3 not been started in 10years

S8D3

Reaction score
Hi I'm a new member and a owner of a Audi S8 D3. I'm a die hard Audi fan and have been for years or even decades.

I needed some advise and thought this would be the ultimate place to share my problems with. Lol

So where do I start. I purchased this car a while ago as a project and have now started to look into it. It's been stood since 2007 and has covered around 5thousand miles. 5k. The previous owner had it parked for 10years as it had an electrical fault and some damage which was caused in 2007. After reading on various websites, Ive concluded the steering column to be faulty as vcds is showing steering lock actuator n360 open circuit fault leading me to believe it needs a column. The car accepts the key but there is no ignition lights on the dash.

Hopefully when I've sorted this problem I will have to start it at some point. What would be the best procedure. I have already dismantled the front end hoping to crank it by hand for the first few revolutions what should i do as I don't know the state of the engine. If it's seized etc. I don't want to damage what could potentially be my car i keep for life.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Remove the plugs and pour some ATF in to the plug holes. Leave in there for an hour before turning the engine. Just to help with any corrosion and prevent the rings being dragged up dry cylinders.

What happened? Did it start? Was the engine in good nick? Did you fix the fault and replace the steering column? How did you spot the car? Did you pay much for it? Mileage? Photos!? Dude so many questions!!!

Hey, managed to code the steering column through odis, had to purchase the column its self from Audi.
Car now starts just needs final finishing touches.
Slowly getting there ite neeb a long time but hopefully will be worth it