Audi screwed reg plate through grill :/

Arkious

Reaction score
hello guys,

So I went to remove my number plate as I was toying with the idea of a side mount when I install the new intercooler, but when I removed it, I found that Audi have screwed the screws of the reg plate through the grill it's self. Now bearing in mind the reg plates on the RS's are meant to be removable, surely I could get Audi to sort it out as it's still under warranty? If not any ideas on how I could fix it? With it being gloss black I don't think I will be able to

Cheers for looking!

P.S. Don't hate me for toying with a side mount haha

Reactions: richmcveigh
I put it back together and didn't get a photo, but basically, the screw has gone through the honey comb plastic of the grill it's self

That's a bit flimsy there , best get some long self tappers and screw into the radiator .

Reactions: Arkious
They may as bluddy well have! Honest I thought to myself what a bunch of knackers! But yeah that's what I'm left with courtacy of Audi

Went it this morning to grab some photo... I didn't see how many times it's had other plates as I only looked at the damage to the grill it's self. Although there is more than one hole, only a few have hit the grill, but it's the one beside my middle finger in the photo that Audi have fitted and that's the one of them that's hit the grill.

Admitently having cut off the excess plastic they actually don't look too bad now but they are still visible when it's removed which would annoy me, any ideas what would be best to fix it, or at least make it less obvious? The plastic that sits behind it will be removed when the new intercooler gets fitted.

IMG 2668
IMG 2669
IMG 2670

Here's a photo of the car without the grill... i do like it without any reg but not sure with a side plate :/

IMG 2671

Reactions: Bristle Hound
itself is one word. Sorry, it was driving me mad!

Went it this morning to grab some photo... I didn't see how many times it's had other plates as I only looked at the damage to the grill it's self. Although there is more than one hole, only a few have hit the grill, but it's the one beside my middle finger in the photo that Audi have fitted and that's the one of them that's hit the grill.

Admitently having cut off the excess plastic they actually don't look too bad now but they are still visible when it's removed which would annoy me, any ideas what would be best to fix it, or at least make it less obvious? The plastic that sits behind it will be removed when the new intercooler gets fitted.

View attachment 127394 View attachment 127395 View attachment 127396

Here's a photo of the car without the grill... i do like it without any reg but not sure with a side plate :/

View attachment 127397
@Arkious - Thats appaling work your supplying Dealer. Total lack of care IMHO
Are you going to go back to the Dealers to see what they have to say ?

itself is one word. Sorry, it was driving me mad!

Shameful that's all you picked up on, half of it has the wrong wording thanks to auto correct haha

@Arkious - Thats appaling work your supplying Dealer. Total lack of care IMHO
Are you going to go back to the Dealers to see what they have to say ?

Yeah I'm going to fire off an email and see what they say