Audi Sound System

CKAJCA

Reaction score
I have the Audi Sound System in my 35 TFSI, but adjusting the Treble and Bass settings seems to have minimal if any effect. Is it just me that can't hear much difference or is there a problem?
Regards Colin

When listening to music through car play I have to turn the treble all the way down .
The standard system is not very good.

Reactions: Stratman and CKAJCA
I have the Audi Sound System in my 35 TFSI, but adjusting the Treble and Bass settings seems to have minimal if any effect. Is it just me that can't hear much difference or is there a problem?
Regards Colin
Perhaps you are not based in the UK, but I thought there wasn't an option to spec the Audi Sound System on cars here? It was either only the stock (6 speaker) set up, which I heard (no pun intended) was not that good, or the B&O which is 15 speaker with 680watts amp power. I know in other markets the AS* sound system has 10 speakers including centre and sub, and approx 180w of power. Truth be told, if the AS* sound system was avaliable as an option, I probably would have checked that option rather than the B&O. However me personally haven't heard either the stock (6 speaker), nor the AS* (10 speaker), but I have no regrets selecting the B&O.

Perhaps you are not based in the UK, but I thought there wasn't an option to spec the Audi Sound System on cars here? It was either only the stock (6 speaker) set up, which I heard (no pun intended) was not that good, or the B&O which is 15 speaker with 680watts amp power. I know in other markets the AS* sound system has 10 speakers including centre and sub, and approx 180w of power. Truth be told, if the AS* sound system was avaliable as an option, I probably would have checked that option rather than the B&O. However me personally haven't heard either the stock (6 speaker), nor the AS* (10 speaker), but I have no regrets selecting the B&O.
You are correct I live and bought the car here in Spain.

Surely AS* sound system has a level for the sub on the MMI? There is a sub under the boot floor right?
I thought the sub was under the boot floor but it seems they installed it behind the panel at the side of the boot.

Reactions: Stratman
In Autogefuel, 'Thomas' was lamenting about the new RS3 with 'stock' 6 speaker soundsystem was mediocre at bests. The A** and the B&O were much better to spend money on. Then another youtuber (forgot who) who had a green RS3, did a protection wrap, and they took off the door trims, and he lamented that he was 'disappointed' that the B&O speaker cone in the front door was just a regular paper cone one, and not something more 'superior' that should come with B&O.

Reactions: CKAJCA
Funilly enough was googling B&O for Audi 8Y and came to an ebay page with someone selling this B&O (just the speakers and amp), maybe their car was a write off. So on the labels, I noticed the amp was made by Harman (Kardon?), the sub had Alpine wording, and the speakers were written Foster. Nowhere did I see any B&O.

Reactions: sub71 and CKAJCA
oh yes. me too. i had tested 10 speaker and it was ok to good and o thot les by b&o system.XAXAXA worst sound ever. itsbetter to burn your money they must be earless. 14 speakers + sub. nonono you can put 2 focal + one sub and your sound will be like a dream. i love hearing miusic as i drive and now i don turnd it on. i will sell that car only for thar reason AUDI BIG MISTAKE YOU WILL REGRATE.

Reactions: figolovechild
Funilly enough was googling B&O for Audi 8Y and came to an ebay page with someone selling this B&O (just the speakers and amp), maybe their car was a write off. So on the labels, I noticed the amp was made by Harman (Kardon?), the sub had Alpine wording, and the speakers were written Foster. Nowhere did I see any B&O.
THEY JUST steal money. its not ok.

I have B&O sound system fitted to my A3 edition1. The sub woofer has been making a rasping/ distortion sound. Booked it into local Audi 6 weeks ago for first appointment (today)
Just had a message from their head technician saying that "vehicle had no fault as there is no subwoofer fitted in boot."
It's a sad day that the customer has to inform the head Audi technician that the sub is behind the boot lining nearside of boot.
Still adiment that the car has no subwoofer but goes on to say ," subwoofer is set at maximum volume. Audi are an utter joke of a company with very poorly trained staff. Staff that clearly don't know their product.

Reactions: figolovechild
I have B&O sound system fitted to my A3 edition1. The sub woofer has been making a rasping/ distortion sound. Booked it into local Audi 6 weeks ago for first appointment (today)
Just had a message from their head technician saying that "vehicle had no fault as there is no subwoofer fitted in boot."
It's a sad day that the customer has to inform the head Audi technician that the sub is behind the boot lining nearside of boot.
Still adiment that the car has no subwoofer but goes on to say ," subwoofer is set at maximum volume. Audi are an utter joke of a company with very poorly trained staff. Staff that clearly don't know their product.

Lol show them this
6589d48425e90e0ce97ed53f856242e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I was fitting a dash cam battery in the boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers, thanks.
Mine sound rasping/distortion. Certainly not like that when it was delivered.

Can I ask. Have you had issues with your sound system?
Regards
Further question if you don't mind. Any idea what the white cable in picture is for. I note this can be accessed through removal of plastic cap in boot?
Regards

I took my edition 1 into the dealership not long after I got it as the sub was vibrating/distorting. It was especially noticeable at low volumes when the engine was off. The tech told me it was the air flaps that were vibrating next to the sib and that the sub was fine. I don’t believe it for one minute. My whole system is poor. Also, the bass and subwoofer equaliser on the mmi seem to adjust the same thing. My door card all vibrate or either that it’s the speaker, it they just sound awful. I’ll never buy another Audi again, as I love listening to bass heavy music and the car feels like it’s going to fall to bits whenever I have the volume up at half way. My last BMW had the Harman Kardon and it blows the B&O away. No vibrations in the car either.

I took my edition 1 into the dealership not long after I got it as the sub was vibrating/distorting. It was especially noticeable at low volumes when the engine was off. The tech told me it was the air flaps that were vibrating next to the sib and that the sub was fine. I don’t believe it for one minute. My whole system is poor. Also, the bass and subwoofer equaliser on the mmi seem to adjust the same thing. My door card all vibrate or either that it’s the speaker, it they just sound awful. I’ll never buy another Audi again, as I love listening to bass heavy music and the car feels like it’s going to fall to bits whenever I have the volume up at half way. My last BMW had the Harman Kardon and it blows the B&O away. No vibrations in the car either.
Yip, I feel your pain. Audi have cut way too many corners with the 8Y to the degree that it is now a far more inferior product than previous generation or similar class vehicles. Will probably be my last Audi as they seem to live and hide behind the badge. A badge that is becoming less and less appealing.

Reactions: Sparks43 and figolovechild