Audi TT Roadster 225 consumption

lowrider786

Reaction score
Hello people

i have a query, i am driving a TT roadster 225 w reg, that has done 54000 miles. on a full tank of feul (shell optimax) i only seem to get around 200 miles and my average mpg is 19 miles on the display console. i drive normally but i am stuck in traffic alot going to and back from work 12 miles aday, apart from that i drive sensibly,

could something be wrong with the car, i do also notice the the rev meter hunts when i am stopping it goes down once and then returns to normal

I own an Audi TT Roadster 225 and recently achieved 425 miles on a full tank. Most were motorway miles (travelling between 60 -70mph) so your consumption does seem a little excessive. I would expect that consumption on a track. I would start with changing the spark plugs especially if the rev counter is not settling at rest. The car though is nearly due its 60000 mile major service which would include these.

i drive the same journey by the sounds of your description, and i get a reading of 23.5mpg on the DIS. That's on a BAM S3.