Audi Universal Traffic Recorder (UTR)

Hi please sent me the files to nacimiento@europe.com Thanks!
Brand new car, brand new Audi UTR, brand new phone, first time trying to log on at the dealership, I get the “Connection error! Please check wi-fi settings” I do enter the passcode it comes with and still won’t connect, but does pop up saying there is a firmware update. Read on other threads that the firmware updates killed the camera so…WTH?
how can my Audi tech that set up my first UTR in my previous vehicle not be able to set this one up? Also, camera is warm to hot to touch. Do I just have a faulty camera? Bad install job? Or do I just need these miracle files? Any ideas?

Hi all. I'm having a problem with my Audi UTR. Bought an approved used car a couple of months ago but I have never managed to connect to it. The Audi UTR doesn't show up as a wifi network at all?? Let alone not allowing me to access it. Any ideas?

I have found the .BRN file from the Audi manual but can't seem to find the .cfg file anywhere - is that likely to help and if so can somebody please send it to me?

I have tried pressing and holding the power button but nothing seemed to happen.

Thanks in advance for any ideas. Its driving me crazy! It obviously worked at some point as I can see on my laptop that there are some files saved on the memory card.

Hi all. I'm having a problem with my Audi UTR. Bought an approved used car a couple of months ago but I have never managed to connect to it. The Audi UTR doesn't show up as a wifi network at all?? Let alone not allowing me to access it. Any ideas?

I have found the .BRN file from the Audi manual but can't seem to find the .cfg file anywhere - is that likely to help and if so can somebody please send it to me?

I have tried pressing and holding the power button but nothing seemed to happen.

Thanks in advance for any ideas. Its driving me crazy! It obviously worked at some point as I can see on my laptop that there are some files saved on the memory card.
Hi - as an update, after downloading the .BRN file the Wi-Fi network now appears but I still can’t connect to it - suspect the password was changed. Is anyone able to send me the .cfg file so I can try to change the password?

Can somebody please send those two files required to get the UTR up and running please?

Dear Friends, could I ask "mxnrg" to provide me also these 2 files
AUDIUTR.BRN
SSID_PW.CFG
as I also by my negligence have lost my pass from wi fi. My mail is nvfb95@gmail.com. Thanks in advance and will appreciate. best wishes.

Hi All - just purchased a 2023 e-tron demo & cane with the front & rear UTR 2.0 installed. Like others, I can't connect via the iPhone App. Tried everything as per this thread, and appears I need the 2 files. Given this thread is 5+ years old, would the same files work soon the UTR 2.0? Have any of the recent posters resolved the issue? Appreciate any inputs. Thanks in advance.

Hi All - just purchased a 2023 e-tron demo & cane with the front & rear UTR 2.0 installed. Like others, I can't connect via the iPhone App. Tried everything as per this thread, and appears I need the 2 files. Given this thread is 5+ years old, would the same files work soon the UTR 2.0? Have any of the recent posters resolved the issue? Appreciate any inputs. Thanks in advance.
I think everyone has committed suicide trying to work it thus the lack or replies/solutions.... LOL

I think everyone has committed suicide trying to work it thus the lack or replies/solutions.... LOL
I hope that's not the case! To further clarify, I haven't tried loading any files onto the SD card yet (primarily because I don't have them, and secondly not sure if they would work on the UTR 2.0 version.)

There must be a solution to reset the hardware. Hoping someone can assist.

I also sent Audi an email, and will speak to my dealership tomorrow to see if they have a solution. Will update the thread if I make any progress!

I hope that's not the case! To further clarify, I haven't tried loading any files onto the SD card yet (primarily because I don't have them, and secondly not sure if they would work on the UTR 2.0 version.)

There must be a solution to reset the hardware. Hoping someone can assist.

I also sent Audi an email, and will speak to my dealership tomorrow to see if they have a solution. Will update the thread if I make any progress!
Figured it out! I didn’t require the 2 files and/or a visit to the dealership.

This is what I did (not sure if all steps are required or not, but worked for me.) Good luck!

Steps:

1) held down on Power button for 30 seconds or so (2 sets of beeps, plus a power off and power on cycle). Turned the car off.

2) removed the original UTR SD Card while the car was off.

3) inserted a newly purchased SD Card (128 GB High performance designed for Dash cams). Turned on the car.

4) switched my iPhone to AIRPLANE mode (this was the key step that resolved the issue)

5) With airplane mode activated, I connected my WiFi to the AUDIUTR network. Password is 1234567890.

6) opened the Audi UTR app, which prompted me to connect to the AUDIUTR WiFi network.

7) for the first time, the connection worked!

8) After initial connection was prompted to rename the UTR WiFi network and set a new password.

Hope this works and good luck!

It should just work we should not have to do a mating dance to get an accessory to work. It seems sd card file management is the main issue. Card should never fill up, really. Make everything open source and we fix all the bugs PLEASE, lol

So this issue was sorted when the service department at my dealer finally talked to the right folks at Audi technical Basically I needed a blank microSD with two files on it as below:

AUDIUTR.BRN
SSID_PW.CFG

These were downloaded from a dropsite that I won’t share here as I think it is internal to the tech dept (DM me if you want these). The first file is some kind of binary file that I guess reflashes the camera, the second file is just a text file with the SSID and password.

When I inserted this card into the turned off camera and turned it on, it made a beeping sound and both on/off and WiFi LEDs flashed. I gave it a couple of minutes and then turned the camera off. I then re-inserted a blank microSD card and turned the device back on. After this the SSID was set back to AUDIUTR and the password to 1234567890.

I won’t be changing SSID/password or updating the firmware for a while as I’d like it to just work, tinkering is what broke it first time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have the exact same problem with my ex demo 2023 Q4 eTron.. Unfortunately the sales man's advice is restricted to 'you need to buy a new phone mate'

I'm new to this forum, so I'm going to ask a real numpty question! How do I DM you so I can beg you to send me a copy of the two files you mention in your post - please, please, please, please, please, please,.

I have the exact same problem with my ex demo 2023 Q4 eTron.. Unfortunately the sales man's advice is restricted to 'you need to buy a new phone mate'

I'm new to this forum, so I'm going to ask a real numpty question! How do I DM you so I can beg you to send me a copy of the two files you mention in your post - please, please, please, please, please, please,.
I resolved the issue with the files.

If you have an iPhone it appears to be a phone & UTR compatibility issue. I resolved it.

Try the steps on my post above, but here is the text for easy reference:
——-

This is what I did (not sure if all steps are required or not, but worked for me.) Good luck!

Steps:

1) held down on UTR Power button for 30 seconds or so (2 sets of beeps, plus a power off and power on cycle). Turned the car off.

3) inserted a newly purchased SD Card (128 GB High performance designed for Dash cams). Turned on the car.

4) switched my iPhone to AIRPLANE mode (this was the key step that resolved the issue)

5) With airplane mode activated, I connected my WiFi to the AUDIUTR network. Password is 1234567890.

6) opened the Audi UTR app, which prompted me to connect to the AUDIUTR WiFi network.

8) After initial connection was prompted to rename the UTR WiFi network and set a new password.

I resolved the issue with the files.

If you have an iPhone it appears to be a phone & UTR compatibility issue. I resolved it.

Try the steps on my post above, but here is the text for easy reference:
——-

Steps:

1) held down on UTR Power button for 30 seconds or so (2 sets of beeps, plus a power off and power on cycle). Turned the car off.

Thanks for the suggestions.. gave it a go yesterday, and at first it seemed to have fixed the issue, in so much as I could phone & UTR, and started the App, then same old problem with App not connecting to UTR... agh.. have asked Dealer to raise with their service department.. fingers crossed the request will get to someone able & willing to Help