Audi used warranty

raffhussain

Reaction score
Hi

Wanted to ask a quick question. Purchased Rs3 from dealers in December. Not been driven much and passenger wing back is creaking? Does warranty cover this to have it investigated?

Thanks

Hi

Wanted to ask a quick question. Purchased Rs3 from dealers in December. Not been driven much and passenger wing back is creaking? Does warranty cover this to have it investigated?

Thanks

I think you'll find that covered by the:

"Audi Update-Code: 2029184/1 (ELSA-Suche, Titel: Recarositzkonsole)

Erschienen: ca. Q1/2012

Fahrzeuge: RS3 MJ 2011 & 2012 Sport seats

Länder: all

Beschreibung: removes the noise of the co-driver seat"

A number of cars had the problem so an update (above) was issued.

Update issued in 2012 so go make sure yours was done. Update records pertaining to your vehicle will have been recorded, check with your/any Audi dealer.

I think you'll find that covered by the:

"Audi Update-Code: 2029184/1 (ELSA-Suche, Titel: Recarositzkonsole)

Erschienen: ca. Q1/2012

Fahrzeuge: RS3 MJ 2011 & 2012 Sport seats

Länder: all

Beschreibung: removes the noise of the co-driver seat"

A number of cars had the problem so an update (above) was issued.

Update issued in 2012 so go make sure yours was done. Update records pertaining to your vehicle will have been recorded, check with your/any Audi dealer.

Thanks for the reply.

I have spoken to Audi and booked it in for next week. I got told no record of update been done or any due. Explained that I wanted it investigated to see if it had been done as they got no record i had an issue. Told them I'm not paying a penny as they wanted to charge me £115 for inspection which they agreed to.

Will be changing brakes too as they are crap. Judder at high speed, brake dust and squeel. I don't drive it often, maybe once a week so its parked up most days and when i do drive it for the 1st time the brakes feel like they are clamped down hard and grind for a little while. I've had a read through the thread about the EBC ones and will be fitting all around.

Thanks for the reply.

I have spoken to Audi and booked it in for next week. I got told no record of update been done or any due. Explained that I wanted it investigated to see if it had been done as they got no record i had an issue. Told them I'm not paying a penny as they wanted to charge me £115 for inspection which they agreed to.

Will be changing brakes too as they are ****. Judder at high speed, brake dust and squeel. I don't drive it often, maybe once a week so its parked up most days and when i do drive it for the 1st time the brakes feel like they are clamped down hard and grind for a little while. I've had a read through the thread about the EBC ones and will be fitting all around.

I go back a looooong time with this. I run OEM discs and Redstuff front and rear.

Just don't care anymore about what others use, but like you mine is a "I don't drive it often" car and Redstuff is what I 100% recommend.

PLUS, Redstuff is brake disc friendly.

Judder at high speed is most likely friction deposit on the brake disc - and NOT warped discs.... Your brake discs may look 'clean' on the outside but you need to check the inside, too. I ran sans dirt shields for a time...

Beauty of Redstuff is that they have a running-in abrasive surface and, if you bed 'em in to the posted advice you'll most likely resolve the 'judder'.

Our main problem is that we don't brake hard enough, said that many times over...

Just wanted to add my experience if it helps, after buying my rs3 8p last year I changed all discs and pads for oem as I got a good deal (although I had planned to put redstuff pads on) the brakes seemed ok for a while but then acted like the discs were warped and after having the car made to stage 3 power this got worse.
I thought I would have to buy more discs, so I made the decision to change my pads to yellow stuff as the car has 500 bhp and takes some stopping. I too don't drive it enough but I have noticed the warped feeling has mostly gone and the pads are bedding in nicely. Also the brakes do lock on without using it with the oem or the new pads but now I semi park up after use but leave it in neutral without the handbrake on for 1/2 hour before parking up properly on my drive.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 45bvtc