Audi vs BMW xenons

ItsAsta

Reaction score
Hi,

The title might be a bit too vague and not detailed. Wasn't sure about what to write without making a long title, sorry about that!
Long story short, comparing these two vehicles; Audi A3 8v 2015 & BMW 1 Series 2015.
I have noticed Audi's xenons tend to give out a yellowish colour through a phone camera lens and just white in person. However, comparing it to the BMW, the BMW outputs a more bluish colour through the phone camera and in person it looks white/mostly light blue. Both cars are running OEM xenons and I have compared multiple Audis and BMWs together, the BMWs tend to always have a better looking xenon with a nice bluish tint to it.

Why is that? Reading through some forums, they tend to say that most vehicles have a 4300k colour temp from factory.

I'll try and have a colour comparison picture taken against a wall to showcase the difference in colour and update this thread!

Audi uses generally nearer to light 4300 whereas bmw is more 5000ish as the higher the k the whiter, bordering blue tint they are, 6k is highest I'd even consider as of course higher the less light on the road.

Reactions: V6_Man