Audi Warranty about to expire, which way to go??

Jetset

Reaction score
The years free Audi warranty we got when we bought the A4 is about to end at the end of the month. Have got prices from Warranty Direct, Warranty Wise and Warranty Works all of which are round about the £300 mark. To extend the Audi Warranty on named component cover only is £340.

Trying to see which company is the most likely to pay out in event of a claim seems to be very difficult.

Warranty Wise seem to have the most comprehensive cover although they do not seem to score well when it comes to paying out.

Audi cover would most likely pay out I think but is more expensive and only covers certain items.

There are plenty of complaints to be found regarding Warranty claims not being paid, has anyone got any positive reports about any of the above options that may assist my decision?

Thanks in advance

I would go with Audi,may be more expensive but they handle all the paperwork with a better chance of the claim being successful.
Also you will not have to pay out first for the repair and then fight your case, Audi handle it all.
I have the fourth year with Audi for my S4.

Did you go comprehensive or named component?

Comprehensive for S4, ****** expensive if that motor blows.

Mine is due for renewal in March so I will be interested to read how you choose to proceed.

I have attached list. Not alot of difference really as mine doesn't have Sat nav.

Benefits Comprehensive Named Component
Dealer labour costs XX
Genuine Audi parts XX
Gearbox covered XX
Turbo XX
Fuel injections XX
Audio equipment X -
Window regulator X -
Factory SatNav X -
Claims Limit Up to the purchase price of the vehicle Up to the purchase price of the vehicle

At a glance comparison table

I have attached list. Not alot of difference really as mine doesn't have Sat nav.

Benefits
Comprehensive
Named Component
Dealer labour costs
X
X
Genuine Audi parts
X
X
Gearbox covered
X
X
Turbo
X
X
Fuel injections
X
X
Audio equipment
X
-
Window regulator
X
-
Factory SatNav
X
-
Claims Limit
Up to the purchase price of the vehicle
Up to the purchase price of the vehicle

I took named component in September with a £100 excess i pay £32 per month,i chose monthly as i wont really miss the payment (although pay more this way due to interest than a lump sum)on a month to month basis and i can stop it at any point if i sell the car or choose i no longer want it,although i was told if you pay upfront and then cancel you will be refunded pro-rata

Think I will go with Audi named component, from what i have read on Internet the Warranty Directs etc just do all they can to sell but when it comes to claiming they don't want to pay out.