Audi 'We want your car' email

Darlo

Reaction score
Im just wondering if any of you guys have had this email from an Audi dealership.

I had one today and just intrigued to know if anyone has ever actually followed one up.

Only reason I'm tempted is because I absolutely love my S3 and I mean love..... BUT why oh why did I not push myself to buy a 5dr.

My last car was a 5dr mk7 gti and I really can't believe how much I'm missing the practicality of the added doors. I don't have kids yet but even without them I finding the 3dr frustrating when it comes to loading it up! Hoping for kids in the near future so thinking a change to a 5dr now will mean it's more future proof and easier to justify keeping!

I've only had mine for 3 months so will take a hit I know... Just wondered how bad the hit will be especially with Audi £1500 deposit contribution.

Thanks

Darlo

Reactions: mfl
It's a generic prospecting email, read it as "we want to sell you a car" instead.

As above I suspect the hit would be large, but with targets to be reached they may be flexible, and you won't have lost anything by asking, so if you're intruiged give them a shout and see what can be done.

Yeah the hit maybe big but I did get a very good deal on it and only put £1700 deposit in. I think I owe about £21k, its two years old and it's pretty much got all the must have options.

May give them a bell later. What's the worst that can happen!

Yeah worth a call mate could be some deals out there given the time of year.

Reactions: Jassyo06
They didn't want my low mileage S5, offered £11.5k at trade in time!

TX.

Me son says trade is slow just now personally January February are the best month's to get a new STOCK CAR......ona 65 plate that is....16 plates not so much discount.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Well I have rang them and awaiting a call back. I suspect it will be a complete waste of time but I will post details after the saleman has finished laughing at me!

Reactions: Trevolly and Rob2k68
I'm terrible. If my wife allowed me to I'd be contacting Audi to see about changing my '15 plate A3.

Reactions: Rob2k68
I recently received one of these emails while I was selling my 56 reg A3 2.0T on Autotrader. I was very cynical as I had already been given a trade in quote from the dealer against buying a car from them and the salesman had admitted that my car would go straight to auction as it was too old for the forecourt. I was given the usual sales patter saying that my car was in amazing condition and that maybe they could give me a little more than book price, but ultimately a bit like this email their motive was to get me to buy a car from them not sell my car.

It's hard to say what hit you'd take on your car and it's only really worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. I've seen S3's on Autotrader that have been there for weeks and I had been looking for a long time. The correct spec is key in my eyes, but that comes down to personal taste.

Good luck with what you do, but remember that people are more focused on Christmas at the moment than buying a new car.