Audis in the Park 2017! - Convoys

The Kendragon

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls,

As per the title, where are you coming from for Audis in the Park and are you convoying?

I'm coming from the BA3 postcode area and am up for convoying.

Steven

P.S - Managed to drive my car into something right before the event :rage:

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 389
Reactions: RSS-S3, Daveotto and Audi Bairn
Too far south for me sadly. Would love to go and if I was I would do the rendezvous / convoy thing.

Reactions: MattSedg and The Kendragon
Not too far from me. I'm BS25. I'll have to see if I'm working though as I haven't looked yet. Would be up for it though

Reactions: MattSedg
EN8, M25 junction 25 and planning to drive up mid afternoon Saturday

Reactions: The Kendragon
I'm driving up on sunday From nottingham. I'll follow any audi's i see and hope it's not an undercover copper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: voorhees, AudiNutta, The Kendragon and 1 other person

Shame u r heading up Sat Dave.. should be a few people heading in from all corners Sunday morning !

Hi guys and girls,

As per the title, where are you coming from for Audis in the Park and are you convoying?

Steven

Ouch Steve. Hope you get if sorted soon. :)

Shame u r heading up Sat Dave.. should be a few people heading in from all corners Sunday morning !

yea, but its six of one, half a dozen of the other, as its a good excuse to catch up with a few folk Saturday evening over a couple of beers

Reactions: RS5 JON and The Kendragon
Too far south for me sadly. Would love to go and if I was I would do the rendezvous / convoy thing.
Shame you're too far up North! :(
Not too far from me. I'm BS25. I'll have to see if I'm working though as I haven't looked yet. Would be up for it though
Well if you do decide to come then give me a shout :D
You're not in my neck of the woods haha :p Also coming up on Sunday so it's just not meant to be!
I'm driving up on sunday From nottingham. I'll follow any audi's i see and hope it's not an undercover copper

That's a good idea, I reckon you won't be too far wrong by going with that theory ;)
I'm one of those Sunday morningers!
Ouch Steve. Hope you get if sorted soon. :)
Hopefully I do, trying to get it done in time for the event *fingers crossed*

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Hi Steve,

I thought last going off the A3 was up for sale?

That damage, I would seriously consider leaving it. The yellow scuff will polish out by hand if you spent a few minutes on it. The chunk is relatively minor and a bad paint job is the last thing you want, I've had a few.

Hi Steve,

I thought last going off the A3 was up for sale?

That damage, I would seriously consider leaving it. The yellow scuff will polish out by hand if you spent a few minutes on it. The chunk is relatively minor and a bad paint job is the last thing you want, I've had a few.
Hi mate, I decided to keep it in the end. I would of had to lose about £4,000 on the sale and it was just not worth it. Instead, I've told my work that I want to use my own car and take the allowance rather than use the Focus I was given. I'm planning on buying my A3 at the end of the PCP anyway so mileage won't matter. I'm tempted to leave the mark but it is just a pain and I tried filling in a gouge at the back with some Halfords repair stuff and it now looks awful. Pain in the rear!

Reactions: MattSedg and Tom.H
Hi mate, I decided to keep it in the end. I would of had to lose about £4,000 on the sale and it was just not worth it. Instead, I've told my work that I want to use my own car and take the allowance rather than use the Focus I was given. I'm planning on buying my A3 at the end of the PCP anyway so mileage won't matter. I'm tempted to leave the mark but it is just a pain and I tried filling in a gouge at the back with some Halfords repair stuff and it now looks awful. Pain in the rear!

Great decision, I was surprised to see you'd be at AITP.. will be great to see the car.

I know what you mean with the mark, but trust me some paint repairs can be horrific and it's very rare that one is perfect. It is really low down on the car and could be easily mistaken for a stone chip.

Great decision, I was surprised to see you'd be at AITP.. will be great to see the car.

I know what you mean with the mark, but trust me some paint repairs can be horrific and it's very rare that one is perfect. It is really low down on the car and could be easily mistaken for a stone chip.
I was always going to come, the only question was whether I'd be in a Ford or an Audi :p Luckily its the latter! I'm going to try and push the split bit back together and see how it goes :)

Reactions: AudiNutta
Hi guys and girls,

Steven

My **** :(
IMG 4305

Reactions: Matchman54, The Kendragon, MattSedg and 1 other person
Sooo... I'm heading up from Southampton on Sunday morning with my little brother along for the ride (he's just ordered an S4). Who's up for a meet on the way and Convoy... even if it's the last 10-15 miles or so...

Reactions: The Kendragon and AudiNutta
coming down from south lakes sometime saturday afternoon..
will be tagging along with the scottish audi clan :salute:

Reactions: Mark_86 and The Kendragon
Would love to have come to this and joined a convoy but sadly I'm working and Sunday's pay too much to say no lol

Reactions: Mark_86
Well I will be travelling from South Wales on the Sunday morning. Looking at the 9am club access opening time, I think I will be leaving at 5:30am to be safe (estimated just under 3 hours).

Plan to head up the M5, M42 and then M6 (S) down past Coventry.

Wondering if it's worth the hassle for a convoy, or whether just to go straight up seeing as most people aren't local. I only tend to plod along, will always leave earlier before I rush anywhere and never do over 70 on motorways, you get caught.. simple! Done convoys before when I was with the Ford gang, a week after I passed my driving test I found myself driving from South Wales to Silverstone for Ford Fair, leading 15-20 cars.

Reactions: Mark_86 and The Kendragon
Love the comedy sticker :lmfao:

What happened there? :( Strange how you got damage on the part that is inset.

I twatted a bollard and the crumple pillar stayed put, so the bumper folded in around it :/

Reactions: AudiNutta
Sooo... I'm heading up from Southampton on Sunday morning with my little brother along for the ride (he's just ordered an S4). Who's up for a meet on the way and Convoy... even if it's the last 10-15 miles or so...
I live just off the A37 near Shepton Mallet if your route kind of passes through there?

Would love to have come to this and joined a convoy but sadly I'm working and Sunday's pay too much to say no lol
I'm disappointed in you Tom :p Haha!

Well I will be travelling from South Wales on the Sunday morning. Looking at the 9am club access opening time, I think I will be leaving at 5:30am to be safe (estimated just under 3 hours).

Plan to head up the M5, M42 and then M6 (S) down past Coventry.

Wondering if it's worth the hassle for a convoy, or whether just to go straight up seeing as most people aren't local. I only tend to plod along, will always leave earlier before I rush anywhere and never do over 70 on motorways, you get caught.. simple! Done convoys before when I was with the Ford gang, a week after I passed my driving test I found myself driving from South Wales to Silverstone for Ford Fair, leading 15-20 cars.
My route is pretty much the same as you motorway-wise :) Journey time for me is 3h30 :grimacing:

Reactions: AudiNutta and Tom.H
TX, NO WAY will you keep in a convoy,you don't have a brake set up like yours to be pottering along lol.

Reactions: Terminator x
How about we all meet up at Cherwell Valley services just off the M40 at J10?

Site access closes at 8:30? Thought it opened @ 9?

Straight from website:
Show Timetable
Please note, these times are approx only and times may vary.

8.30am Trade stands set up complete
9.00am Gates open to clubs
10.00am Gates open to general visitors
10.00am Live DJ
1.00pm Soul Mo Funk Band
2.00pm Live DJ
4.00pm Top Ten winners, Best of Show, Best club and raffle winners announced.
4.30pm Show ends...Safe Journey home!

Last edited:
Reactions: RedRS3Reilly
Site access closes at 8:30? Thought it opened @ 9?

Straight from website:
Show Timetable
Please note, these times are approx only and times may vary.

8.30am Trade stands set up complete
9.00am Gates open to clubs
10.00am Gates open to general visitors
10.00am Live DJ
1.00pm Soul Mo Funk Band
2.00pm Live DJ
4.00pm Top Ten winners, Best of Show, Best club and raffle winners announced.
4.30pm Show ends...Safe Journey home!

Sorry was unclear in my reply, I meant leaving only allowing 30 minutes to spare. Will put more detail in my reply now.

Too late to edit my original reply, irritating... here is the revised version:

Hm, have to have a think :p

Not leaving a bit late? Only leaving allowing approximately 30 minutes before the gates shut for stand access by the time we arrive! If I go up alone, will plan to be there at 9.

Just had a look at the maps, I can see it's an hour and a half from the services. From previous convoy experience, you'd normally say 7:30 onwards and then leave at 8.

Sensible time to LEAVE the services would probably be between 7:30 and 7:45? So meet just before that. Need someone local to shed some light on what the traffic is likely going to be up through those areas, probably light but we'd be using a few major links. Normally takes 15 minutes to queue at the show and then another 15 to position the cars on stand anyway.

I've had a look now and I think I might join in with the convoy, rather than venturing up alone... next question, who's the planner lead? ;) @GTAIVgunner ;)

Reactions: Weeb
Too late to edit my original reply, irritating... here is the revised version:

Hm, have to have a think :p

Not leaving a bit late? Only leaving allowing approximately 30 minutes before the gates shut for stand access by the time we arrive! If I go up alone, will plan to be there at 9.

Just had a look at the maps, I can see it's an hour and a half from the services. From previous convoy experience, you'd normally say 7:30 onwards and then leave at 8.

Sensible time to LEAVE the services would probably be between 7:30 and 7:45? So meet just before that. Need someone local to shed some light on what the traffic is likely going to be up through those areas, probably light but we'd be using a few major links. Normally takes 15 minutes to queue at the show and then another 15 to position the cars on stand anyway.

I've had a look now and I think I might join in with the convoy, rather than venturing up alone... next question, who's the planner lead? ;) @GTAIVgunner ;)
Maybe a little late although I was thinking we leave bang on 8! Don't want to be stuck in the initial queue after gates first open :) I've looked af traffic and it says 1h15 to 1h30 so I think we'll be good! You should join us, will be a great drive up there if there's a few of us :p I do indeed seem to be the main guy with this organisation haha (not that I mind)

Apparently we are going other way round 25 and then M11 - want to meet en-route?
Hi mate, as the timing might be a little tight the M40 services is probably the only meeting point we'll go for. Sure you can't come via the services ;)

Reactions: Sandra