Auto Closing Windows

sachen

Reaction score
So my car used to close its windows when you lock the car and i believe keep the lock button pressed, but it doesnt do this anymore... anyone know why and how this can be re-enabled

I have a 06 A3 Sportback.

Mine doesnt do this either, maybe it needs to be reset on a vag-com or something?

This is the first mod i did when i got vagcom. You have to code via vagcom for comfort closing windows via remote..or something similar in central electrics i think. This will allow you to close the windows by pressing the lock button until it starts rolling then let go and it will continue closing by itself.

Last edited:
Found this:

Operating Windows and Sunroof with Remote
(Note, the sunroof cannot be opened with the remote)
You need to continuously hold the remote button for the function to operate.

[Select]
[46 - Cent. Conv.]
[Long Coding - 07]
[Long Coding Helper]
Click on each of the Byte numbers in step 3) and you'll see the selectable options below.
Uncheck the box for "Comfort function power windows/sunroof via remote control inactive"
Check the box for "Comfort opening power windows via remote control active"
Check the box for "Comfort closing power windows via remote control active"
Check the box for "Closing sunroof via remote control active"
[Transfer Coding]

If the windows don't close with one touch when your driving then they wont close via the fob. To reset them fully open and close the windows a couple of times by holding the window switch and it should work after that.

i need a best friend who owns and knows how to use a vag-com. I have started a best friend shortlist who wants to join :)

requirements must own and be able to use a vagcome lol

Yeap, check if one touch is working on all 4 windows, even if 1 window isnt working on one touch, then it stops the whole system from closing as mentioned.

Just collected my 09 plate A3 this evening and was surprised that it doesn't have comfort close.

It's raining so will check the one touch widow thing in the morning.

Mine did it then stopped one day. Had a search around on here and you have to have the windows closed, open them fully then close them and hold the switch up for 15 seconds. This should kick them in.

I swear this can be enabled and disabled by the DIS

Ok. Reset the windows by opening them fully and then closing then from the drivers controls. But it's still not working. Could this be a VCDS issue?

With mine, I have to press to lock then press again and hold to close the windows. i.e. lock the doors then close the windows!