auto dim rearview mirror

swarcup

Reaction score
now then guys

I took a chance the other day and bought an autodim mirror brand new from ebay. got it for 99p so even if i cant retrofit its no big deal. the part number of the mirror is 8t0 857 511 a 4pk.
The sticker on the mirror base says B8 base. I know there is an adapter that allows you to fit a b7 mirror to the b6 window attachment. Does anyone know if i will be able to attach this on. It would be a shame if it cant be done. The wiring shouldnt be to difficult i hope.
I have tried a search with the part number but not really turned anything up apart from its soul black and possibly contains a compass. If anyone has any ideas regarding this, or could confirm the part number it would be a start.

post a pic of the conection to screen
im sure yours will be the ball type if so you need a new screen
when i went for the ttrs auto dim my screen kinda got broke so got a new 1 with £35 excess
you can get the loom from kufatek.de for abour 20 quid

it seems the mirror is to fit an A5, here is a picture although taken on my phone, hope it comes out ok
mirrorbase.jpg

you need the new later screen same as i had to get

is the later screen needed just to make the rain sensor work or because the mounting comes ready bonded? how does this mounting compare to a b7 one also

theres 2 types of conection

1 is the ball type you prob have that 1 now

2 is to fit the later ones with rain sensor is sits between the mirror and glass they are bonded on and with an outline look at the pic you will see what i mean

IMGP0806.jpg

cool i see the point of the new window as it obscures the wiring from seeing it outside the car. The mounting i have looks like this
mirrormount.jpg

can i use the adapter linked here adapter for Gentex mirror fitting on vw - Parking Sensor Online - to make the mirror sit onto this connector. i can then set about masking the view from the outside. I dont really want the rain sensor thing to work i was just after the autodim function. Im not against getting a new screen as an acidental crack may well appear you never know!

so u need new screen or a diff mirror

sorry to be a pain but if i do accidentally crack my screen and need a replacement, what do i tell them to order. They will order the screen from my chassis number wont they so the result will be back to square one.

you tell them that you have the rain sensor thats all and they will supply iy

yes just make sure you tell them you have the rain sensor tho