Auto dimming interior mirror - opinions

MarkyH

Marky
Reaction score
The auto dimming interior mirror on my S Line seems no way near as good as my 2012 old model. The dimming function hardly seems to work - anybody else experienced this. I know they have changed the mirror now but don't know if this version is better? Is it worth querying with Audi or can the new mirror be retro fitted if it is better?

The auto dimming interior mirror on my S Line seems no way near as good as my 2012 old model. The dimming function hardly seems to work - anybody else experienced this. I know they have changed the mirror now but don't know if this version is better? Is it worth querying with Audi or can the new mirror be retro fitted if it is better?
My dimming mirror works perfectly (2014 model, so old mirror)

Dimming mirror works brilliantly (MY16 mirror) are you sure your sensor isn't obstructed in any way by a light of some sort (i.e from a dash cam) ?

my new MY16 mirror works perfectly. Better than my previous A5

Mine is MY15 and is definitely switched on! It does work sometimes but is a bit hit and miss. I will try with the headrests down as somebody said that these might be blocking the sensor.