Auto dimming mirror compatibility

maxpayne

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have the opportunity to buy an auto dimming , part no 8R0857511B 4PK (soul black) at a good price. This version looks like the Audi TT one, more curvy around the edges.

However looking up sites like oemepc, looks like it’s compatible with A4 and onwards only?

However, 8R0857511A is listed as compatible with A3, which interestingly enough is compatible with the A4 also.

Just wondering if this is a case of getting the correct clip or the wiring would have changed fundamentally?

I should mention that our A3 doesn’t have auto dimming side view mirrors or rear view mirrors but I was going to get a new windshield at least for auto dimming rear view mirror and then possibly an auto rain/light switch retrofit.

Thanks.

e52b508cfead13686adee5fe0a429ae7.jpg

70d0b9f2462a67c3d58ac89a0a54409d.jpg

FYI that’s how it looks.

Looks like a TT interior mirror to me. I have just retrofitted a TT mirror to my s3 with auto dimming, rain/light sensor and high beam assist. You can buy the wiring harness that you need for the interior mirror dimming and rain/light sensor. New screen required as you said for the correct fitting. I have my old mirror from my 2010 S3 with auto dimming should you need to buy one.

Reactions: maxpayne
Looks like a TT interior mirror to me. I have just retrofitted a TT mirror to my s3 with auto dimming, rain/light sensor and high beam assist. You can buy the wiring harness that you need for the interior mirror dimming and rain/light sensor. New screen required as you said for the correct fitting. I have my old mirror from my 2010 S3 with auto dimming should you need to buy one.

Thanks. The seller likely posted the wrong image. He’s now shipping the correct one to me. I’ll update when I receive it.

Yes looks like a TT mirror, also fitted to the A3 convertible though

I retrofitted the mirror and auto lights and wipers to my TT, very similar process to the A3. Full guide here if it helps to give you an idea https://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1529713

Great write up.

Just received mine.

cd65e21d717ee5ae570fb7c2795be173.jpg

Indeed it’s the TT/TTS version with 6 pins but should also work with the A3.

Did you get any hassle from your insurer when changing the windscreen as you had to get a new one with the rain/light sensor which you didn’t have in the first place?

Thanks. Did you get the Kufatec loom? You can get cheap cables from AliExpress for the MK7 Golf (see https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ceqv67CV) that I think can be used also (probably will require changing the terminal).

Did you get any hassle from your insurer when changing the windscreen as you had to get a new one with the rain/light sensor which you didn’t have in the first place?
Nope, when I booked I told them it had the sensor glass, and when I fitter came I explained and they didn't mind. The glass was cracked along the bottom and they took photos of that for the insurer

Reactions: maxpayne