Auto Dimming Mirror

Ben Newsome

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have had a good search and google but still haven't found the answer I'm looking for.
I'm looking at fitting a dimming mirror to my new Audi S3 and wanted to know if it is plug and play. Do I need to buy anything extra or just the mirror?
I have seen a couple of sites that offer the service to supply and fit but don't want to pay through the nose if it's something I can do myself.
I have access to a VCDS so can get it coded if needs be.
Many thanks

Ben.

Hi all,
I have had a good search and google but still haven't found the answer I'm looking for.
I'm looking at fitting a dimming mirror to my new Audi S3 and wanted to know if it is plug and play. Do I need to buy anything extra or just the mirror?
I have seen a couple of sites that offer the service to supply and fit but don't want to pay through the nose if it's something I can do myself.
Many thanks

Ben.
I am about to do this install. You need the mirror, the wiring harness (only available via 3rd parties as Audi does not supply) and the wiring / current flow diagram No coding in VCDS is needed.

The retrofit does not look hard, just time consuming as you need to have the lighting dome unit out and need to run the wires to the needed connections.

Reactions: Ben Newsome
Hi DJ,
I'm on the same boat as you I have a 1.8T with no auto dimming and tbh it's a bit bugging especially when trucks are tailing you and have retrofitted HIDs into their non projector light housings.
Care to elaborate a bit on sourcing the harness? Fleabay?

Cheers

Hi all,
Many thanks

Ben.
Hi Ben you only need the cable from the mirror to the light dome .You can get these from Kufatec.
40062.jpg
Only £27.00.I had this done on my car it really isn't difficult .Just be careful when you twist on and off the mirrors a it is known you can crack the windscreen....Also it doesn't need to be coded in (unless you have drive assist??)The cable needs connecting to a terminal block that exists in the light dome and also to an earth and fuse which is located on the passenger side next to the glovebox..I will try and get a bit more details for you tonight when I get back home from work...(unless it already has been answered...lol)..:friends:
ps I assume you know you have to buy the auto dim mirror....lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob2k68, richinsoton and Ben Newsome
Hi DJ,
I'm on the same boat as you I have a 1.8T with no auto dimming and tbh it's a bit bugging especially when trucks are tailing you and have retrofitted HIDs into their non projector light housings.
Care to elaborate a bit on sourcing the harness? Fleabay?

Cheers
You can get the cable from Kufatec for £27.00
40062.jpg
:friends:

Hi Ben you only need the cable from the mirror to the light dome .You can get these from Kufatec.
40062.jpg
Only £27.00.I had this done on my car it really isn't difficult .Just be careful when you twist on and off the mirrors a it is known you can crack the windscreen....Also it doesn't need to be coded in (unless you have drive assist??)The cable needs connecting to a terminal block that exists in the light dome and also to an earth and fuse which is located on the passenger side next to the glovebox..I will try and get a bit more details for you tonight when I get back home from work...(unless it already has been answered...lol)..:friends:

Very helpful. Just what I was looking for.
Many Thanks