Auto Parking feature

AdamInKent

Reaction score
Having now had the car for a while and having made use of the Auto Park system, I have to say that it is rather good. I’ll start by saying that I am capable of parking for myself, but I must admit that I am now as often as not allowing the car to do it (reversing into bays and parallel parking). The system works well and it is easy to use. I would say that the car is less likely to reverse into a bay in one manoeuvre than I am when doing it myself and it cannot handle anything unusual but, other than that, it is effective and convenient.

I don’t know that I would go out of my way to pay for it (I got it as part of the Driver Assist Pack) but if you are a nervous parker or you have restricted mobility then I would recommend it. Like many such features, it just takes a little practice to become familiar with.

Reactions: DreamInCode
I haven't been brave enough to try it yet in last 5 months :blush:. Your post gives me that little extra courage to try it next time.

Reactions: AdamInKent
apparently it would park it dead parallel to the curb (assuming curb is straight), and probably with the 5-10cm would never curb the rims ever? I guess the system would 'take it's time' to park, to limit the possibility it woud hit something...and yes most of us would probably take 30-50% quicker to park ourselves. I will have it with the C&S, but was more intersted in reverse camera and B&O this park system is just, just an extra that may be useful to me, or to show my passenger (look no hands). Don't want to lose my ability with parking, first 2 cars, no sensors, no camera, didn't curb any rims while parking. previous car with rear sensors and camera, curbed rims twice (that needed fixing aestically). Camera and guide lines didn't help as the curb wasn't straight!

Who do you claim against if / when it kerbs the alloys ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
i did that myself day 1… was fuming. thankfully very minor and hopefully fixable. need to do some research on where i can get it done in london.

i did that myself day 1… was fuming. thankfully very minor and hopefully fixable. need to do some research on where i can get it done in london.
I used Whoops Wheel fix it in Hendon, they did a stellar job on diamond cut rims, without needing re-cut. I think I paid £60 or £70, but suspect that was before VAT.

Reactions: howett