Auto watch threads that you are the original poster on

Alex C

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
At the moment, if i want to keep up to date on this thread that i have created i need to manually click watch thread which means i have to move the mouse a good few inches across the desk to click on the watch thread link and then another click to confirm.... we all know that Work Done = Force x Distance right?

wouldn't it be nicer if i didn't have to exert myself?

in all seriousness though i think it would make sense

On my controls…if you go to alert preferences when you put the cursor over the flag on the top right you can tick the box so you are alerted when its replied to.

@voorhees sorry, only just checked back.

Yeah I know you can get alerted to a reply in a thread if you are watching/subscribed to it, but in order to receive those alerts you have to select 'watch this thread'

I am saying that if you create/author a thread (such as I created this very thread) then you should automatically become subscribed to that thread

had I been automatically subscribed to this thread, having authored it, then I would have replied to your response that much sooner

does that make sense

It should work,must be another tweak needed,I'll let the mechanic know

Look under 'preferences' and this will need to be checked 'Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply'
@Alex C

Reactions: Alex C
np Alex
I believe its in the wrong place as it should be in alert preferences as it is one.