Auto window close / open...?

burnsy79

2018 SQ5 Driver
Reaction score
Guys / Gals,

I've been a member for a while but never posted, so apologies in advance if I'm running over old ground.

I have a 2010 A3 TDi Sportback Sport 170 and the comfort window open and close was never default on my car. I've scanned a few posts and all seem to say you require the VCDS to switch this on. I was under the impression this was a default setting, how do you reset without the VCDS?

I had a 320 BMW before and you could reset by a combination of buttons pressed on the fob when it was in the ignition... Any help would be great?

Burnsy

Are you talking about the one touch facility on the windows....If so then motor the window down fully then up fully and hold for approx 10 secs. This should enable the one touch facility. Remember to press down/pull back the button slightly harder as they are basically a 2 stage switch.

VCDS is needed to turn on the REMOTE window 'convenience' feature...

The interior door-button convenience feature can be reprogrammed by holding the buttons. -It's often reset if the battery is changed or disconnected.

It's not clear from the original post what you mean, but hopefully that helps...?

as its a 2010 model have a look on the DIS for any options to enable/disable the convenience option. The newer car DIS has lots of options built into it.

I wouldnt have comfort opening, incase you sit on your keys & then open the windows, to come back & find half the interior gone, comfort closing yes, coding is possible via vcds.

Guys / Gals,

I've been a member for a while but never posted, so apologies in advance if I'm running over old ground.

I have a 2010 A3 TDi Sportback Sport 170 and the comfort window open and close was never default on my car. I've scanned a few posts and all seem to say you require the VCDS to switch this on. I was under the impression this was a default setting, how do you reset without the VCDS?

I had a 320 BMW before and you could reset by a combination of buttons pressed on the fob when it was in the ignition... Any help would be great?

Burnsy
To reset the memory settings for your window, press the button for each window down and hold it for 2-5 seconds. Then, raise the same window and hold the button for 2-5 seconds.

Bizarrely replying to 10 year old threads, do we have another spammer...... Urmmmmmm

Bizarrely replying to 10 year old threads, do we have another spammer...... Urmmmmmm
Ummmmmmm, if I happen to have a question about my window switches and find a ten year old thread, why can't I reply? What's the issue? Maybe instead of saying I'm a spammer you could comment on the usefulness of my post for people without VCDS (which I have BTW).

You've posted the same thing on 2 threads of 10 years old, seems rather bizarre & I've been on this forum for a very long time to see an approach spammers use, which is exactly as you have, as the info you've added has been posted god knows how many times, which again defies logic, but hey, post away.

Btw, you weren't asking a question on the threads at all, you posted duplicate info to the letter, which is another spammer approach, so yes it is very questionable...

You dont use vcds to reset one touch anyway, so its a mute point, it is via the window switches, which again, has been posted over & over again.

I still question your intentions, but alas.

You've posted the same thing on 2 threads of 10 years old, seems rather bizarre & I've been on this forum for a very long time to see an approach spammers use, which is exactly as you have, as the info you've added has been posted god knows how many times, which again defies logic, but hey, post away.

Btw, you weren't asking a question on the threads at all, you posted duplicate info to the letter, which is another spammer approach, so yes it is very questionable...

You dont use vcds to reset one touch anyway, so its a mute point, it is via the window switches, which again, has been posted over & over again.

I still question your intentions, but alas.
Well glad you're the acting spammer police. Go ahead and question my intentions, I really don't give a crap. Might as well report me to the admins as well. I guess you have nothing better to do. Good day.

Yes dear xx

• Haha
Reactions: 34stuey and ahtcap