Autoglass ADAS charge.

Johnny_cass

Reaction score
Just had a replacement windscreen put in but when I drove it at night I realised that the high beam assist wasn't working correctly and the audi pre sense wasn't working correctly either. So I phoned and asked for tech to come out and look at it and booked an appointment (asked them for a confirmation email which I haven't recieved) . The next day I got a letter telling me that it was discussed with me that when I made the appointment (it wasn't) I should make an appointment to get my camera recalibrated and there will be a charge for this.

Has anyone else any experience with this and if they incurred any charges.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I just had a replacement with autoglass.. they calibrated it in their workshop, no additional charge (excess was £75).. afraid that’s the only way that I know about .. don’t know if they can do the calibration with mobile fitter .

When mine was done with autoglass. I booked in via online for mobile fitter to come out but then got a phone call day later saying it needed to be done at workshop for the camera to be re calibrated but there was no fee for this other than my standard excess fee (£75)

I believe this has been answered before in another thread, yes you need to have the camera recalibrated and it should be covered under your windscreen insurance...

Just had mine done - when I booked it in I told them it had an ADAS camera - this meant I had to go into the branch. Covered under usual excess / insurance.

Slight tangent - how did you know pre-sense wasn't working? Going off too often? Or not enough?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

It wasn't going off enough on early setting. On the early setting it would go off if you were near anyone's bumper. Now it would tell you afterwards. I have a pre sense warning flash up this morning 'pre sense is restricted due to conditions'. Going to phone them to confirm thats what they are going to recalibrate on Wednesday.

Just had this issue on my Merc. I had to travel to Sheffield for the ADAS and screen change which was over an hour drive each way, after a few days the speed sign recognition started not to work and the auto stop was alerting when nothing was in front. I took it to the dealers and they did the Calibration for £60 worked perfect since.... apparantley the calibration with auto glass is much more basic than what the dealers can do.

So if you have issues, or your nearest ADAS centre is a bit of a trek, just let auto glass change the screen and get it calibrated at the dealers yourself.

On another similar note, the screens used by auto glass are not as optically sound as the original items, distortion of view where the screen curves etc that even the wife picked up on. I’m going to try and get the insurance to pay for a dealer replacement next time...

Sorry I didn't update this the tech came out and looked at it and he said the camera wasn't clipped in properly. All working as it should no need for a recalibration.