Autoglym HD Wax

SuffolkAudiMan

Reaction score
I pick up my new A3 on Sunday and having not paid for Lifeshine, I thought I would do it myself. I have an old Lifeshine pack and have bought extra's from AG but I decided on a wim to go out and buy the HD Wax rather than use the Extra Gloss Protection that I have been using on my old Astra.

Anyone had any experiences with HD Wax? Any tips? I'm hoping it will give my Daytona Grey and extra pop.

Reactions: SPARTAN91
Tips: apply thinly. Also you might find it needs a second buff a bit later in the day.

Thanks Scotty...your car looks impressive. I don't have a DA but hopefully I can get a similar result on new paintwork by hand.

Yep I'm sure you can. I did our other grey car by hand and it came up well.

What seems to be coming to the forefront of waxes at the minute are synthetic waxes. Alot of my customers are electing to guy AW Halo as its very easy to go on/come off and it lasts alot longer than carnuba waxes.

What seems to be coming to the forefront of waxes at the minute are synthetic waxes. Alot of my customers are electing to guy AW Halo as its very easy to go on/come off and it lasts alot longer than carnuba waxes.

Is that a new wax coming out Mark or is it out already?

Not disagreeing Brodster but AG HD Wax is a hybrid so not a pure wax anyway. Plus the man's already bought it. :)

I pick up my new A3 on Sunday and having not paid for Lifeshine, I thought I would do it myself. I have an old Lifeshine pack and have bought extra's from AG but I decided on a wim to go out and buy the HD Wax rather than use the Extra Gloss Protection that I have been using on my old Astra.

Anyone had any experiences with HD Wax? Any tips? I'm hoping it will give my Daytona Grey and extra pop.

If you go to Robinsons VW in Norwich you can buy lifeshine kits for £5 they are partially/or not used. generally most of it isnt used.

I have started using this Wax recently and I am very impressed. You hardly need much of it and its so easy to apply and remove. The shine I got off the car after was excellent.

a good wax but a tad dear now that AG got the resellers to up their prices. good in a 3for2 at halfrauds easy to use.

Decent stuff and readily available in Halfords but there's a lot better products out there, especially for light coloured cars.