autoglym high definition carnauba wax

FranA3

FMDETAILING
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
what is auto glym high definition wax like is it any good i was thinking of getting some for my baby as carnuaba waxes are the best for my cars colour i use autosmart carnuaba gold wax now but want to know if the autoglym stuff is any better ?
cheers
fran

Last edited by a moderator:
high def wax is awsome mate , but for your car treat yourself to a slicclepot of dodo juce , think its called red berry ? tastes nice aswell as all natural ingredients

It is a pretty good wax yes, also autosmart "WAX" is really good to, both around £25 a tub.

It is a pretty good wax yes, also autosmart "WAX" is really good to, both around £25 a tub.
i use autosmart carnauba gold wax now its good stuff but after seeing a video on youtube of autoglym HD wax i love the water repellency of autoglym HD

fair do's might give it a go i love carnauba gold so if this is better then happy days cheers mate

DoDo fran, for the price of £45 id get DoDo mate, if you have the money go for Supernatural i know its £99 but its refillable then for like £65 and it will last your car over 3 years so works out best in the long run for a top product

one step ahead of you there buddy last night i was searching the internet and was on ebay and ordered a pannel pot of dodo juice orange crust to see what that is like only £ 8 for that it says you can do your car about 3 times with it so i'll give it a go

as we talked earlier fran that little sample pot will do your car atleast twice so your talking atleast 6-12 months out of it so £8 is amazing value for money

exactly fran, a wise man once told me that "you apply a wax not work it in" so as long as the panel is covered then no need to use more product. i have a sample pot of DoDo hard candy and i done my whole car and no lie i still have enough to do it atleast 3-4 times now its that good. with a 250ml pot for £32.95 is damn good value for money in my eyes when using it on customers cars, my pots(purple haze + blue velvet) ive had for around 1 year and as they are for my car only they will last me well over 5-6 years. i will only buy DoDo as the value beats most things

yeah i agree mate the wax i use on my baby now ive had for around 2 years but its autosmart carnauba gold soft wax its good stuff but i want better for my baby only the best will do init , yeah i know what you mean i hate it when i see people in work plastering it in polish and stuff i think to myself what ****** novices they are lol i get told off because i tend to take my time on cars and get them looking good and the boss just wants numbers to be up but then they dont sell as well compaired to my slow quality work know what i mean

I've had the panel pots before and you should easily be able to get 7 applications of the wax, you dont need to use alot. Makes it even better value for money.

yeah thats what i was thinking if you dont use alot of it then it can go a long way i cant wait for it to come next week to put the first coat on her

Why not think about Collinite 476s, thats really durable, or Meguiars Mirror Glaze 16, both seem good waxes! Ive had AG HD before, and it seemed a good wax, but Im fairly confident that for almost £40, some of the Swissvax things are better for that bit more! My cars white though, so Im going to be looking at some good, durable sealants now, and maybe bang a wax on for winter.

ive been hearing good things about dodo juice and for £8 for a panel pot you cant go wrong can you really

Why not think about Collinite 476s, thats really durable, or Meguiars Mirror Glaze 16, both seem good waxes! Ive had AG HD before, and it seemed a good wax, but Im fairly confident that for almost £40, some of the Swissvax things are better for that bit more! My cars white though, so Im going to be looking at some good, durable sealants now, and maybe bang a wax on for winter.

colly is brilliant mate, one of the most durable waxes out there, i use colly 915 for winter as its still on now after Oct and still beads off water.

dont get sucked into swissvax mate!!! they are quality products but your getting ripped off by marketing big time

Yeah but you wont get much with a panel pot!

you will, i have used a sample pot on 2 cars and still have half left in the pot.

its how you apply the wax which determines how far it will go

you will, i have used a sample pot on 2 cars and still have half left in the pot.

its how you apply the wax which determines how far it will go
exaclty mate i dont use alot of wax on my car its better to put on loads of small amounts than one big amount it builds up the layers of wax so it'll last longer that way

AG HD lasted 3 more months than any of the dodo's on a test they did on detailing world.

what were the tests mate??

im not saying AG HD isnt any good as it is but im sticking with DoDo as its cheaper and lasts me a very long time when i do customers cars, i always wax the car every 3 months anyway and my waxes always protect mine and my customers cars for that period of time.

at the end of the day fran try what you want and then you can have your own experience on what you think is the best for you.

for £8 im defo going to give it a try it might be a better one for my own car i use different waxes on customers cars it all deapends on the paint colour what wax i use on them

Dont pay £40 for AGHD, get it here Autoglym High Definition Wax 25 OFF i have bought from them before, and i have even got a 5 or 10% discount code, ill have a look for it

Edit: 5% discount enter code FFOC5

Dont pay £40 for AGHD, get it here Autoglym High Definition Wax 25 OFF i have bought from them before, and i have even got a 5 or 10% discount code, ill have a look for it

Edit: 5% discount enter code FFOC5

i bought some off these yesterday, it came to a little over £30 and it came today! cant wait to try it, i am impressed with the packaging so i hope the results are as good! :thumbsup:

yeah i also like the packaging looks very professional doesnt it let us know what its like im going to try out my dodo juice on saturday

well i am very pleased with the results from my dodo juice orange crush wax i recomend it to anybody who has got a red , orange or yellow car

well i am very pleased with the results from my dodo juice orange crush wax i recomend it to anybody who has got a red , orange or yellow car

Hey fran ive got the full dodo range mate and they are all awesome really, my advice to you is if you like orange crush, try get your hands on some ltd edt skull candy or rubbish boys juiced edition - RB Juiced will make your car glow and bead for months!

Hey fran ive got the full dodo range mate and they are all awesome really, my advice to you is if you like orange crush, try get your hands on some ltd edt skull candy or rubbish boys juiced edition - RB Juiced will make your car glow and bead for months!
yeah will look into some of that stuff dude , im very impressed what orange crush is like i gave the car a wash yesturday as a bird shat on the bonnet so had to get it off before it did any damage and was supprised how much the orange crush beaded the water

yeah will look into some of that stuff dude , im very impressed what orange crush is like i gave the car a wash yesturday as a bird shat on the bonnet so had to get it off before it did any damage and was supprised how much the orange crush beaded the water

RB's Juiced FTW mate, get a panel pot of it and it will last you the year, i swear by the stuff and RB' Org is awesome to...:yum:

Purple Haze pro would do well on the red mate as well! :hubbahubba:

RB's Juiced FTW mate, get a panel pot of it and it will last you the year, i swear by the stuff and RB' Org is awesome to...:yum:

Purple Haze pro would do well on the red mate as well! :hubbahubba:
done mate ive got some orange crush made my paint soo deep im well impressed with it i puit 2 layers on and only used a third of the pannel pot well impressed for 8 squid happy days

AutoGlym are way way way behind the times. They haven't long had that wax and through lack of making money as they once used to they were forced to jump on the "detailing" band wagon, oh and now they even have a clay bar LOL.

The AG HD wax is a mediocre product at best, one which I'd use on a car if i wanted an ok finish.

Disagree heavily with the comments made about Swissvax, Swissvax has been at this game of making waxes far longer than most of it's competitors since the early 1930's, there's a reason why the BOS, Divine and Crystal rock (to name a few) are rated very highly by professional detailer's, because they are very good. There are always pro's and con's to each manufacturer and product line, some natural based waxes rich in oils, some more chemical based compounds, neither of which really outweighs the other, it all depends on what you are looking for r personal preference, which you'd only realise by using a wide range of products.

I recently spent a hefty whack (3 figure sum) on G-Techniq's product line, buying almost each product. Used it on a 2 year old Focus over this weekend. Totally different approach to what I would normally take and all I can say is outstanding work from the guys over at G-Techniq on such a great product line. Very very easy to get flawless results from one product over one machining stage (did help as car was new). C1 is a very very good product one which will be going on my own car at some stage. I wouldn't be putting BOS on a focus as I would see it as wasteful and over the top, but that's just my opinion, doesn't mean i'm right.

If you have a (performance car/supercar/ - Porsche, Aston, R8, RS4/3/5/6, Bentley (to name a mear few)........etc etc then to my mind there is something Magical about detailing those cars and applying wax by hand (no applicator pad), but as i'm not detailing supercars all of the time, I want an easy approach, with great products which are nice and simple to apply, which last a long time and still look good in 12 months. Which is why I've bought G-Techniq, thought i'd see what all the hype was about. Spending the amount for Swissvax BOS (or one of the higher valued waxes) isn't for everybody, but it's not just about the value of the waxes or what the product does necessarily, maybe more for those with a nostalgic approach to what you are buying and the satisfaction and good feeling it gives you when you've applied BOS to a nice car.

Each to their own, live and learn from the experienced professional detailer's on the forum, I'm not a professional, so don't ask me.

Jimmy, polished bliss etc are the ones to ask, i'm sure they'll be able to add something about waxes here, and maybe even correct me if I'm wrong.

For me detailing stems from a love and passion for performance cars, when they look their best they really do inspire.

G

thanks for the input mr.g appriciate your words and i can say im happy with dodo juice for the time being as money is a bit tight at the mo but in the near future i shall be investing in a some more expensive wax as i love my car when its just been waxed the red is still so deep its unbelevable for a 90k mile car and it always cleans up a treat which i love about audi's , pictures dont do it justice it looks ok in pictures but if you see it on a sunny day in person its a real powerfull red so i think its worth spending a bit extra for that flawless finish i get
regards
fran