Automatic Boot Opening (Avant) Retrofit

Lavis89

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Has anyone ever done this successfully via upgrading the struts/springs and not making it open violently? I've seen people have managed to do it on b7s but not managed to find any info on if it's been done on a B8.

My B8.5 which I pick up later this week has an electric tailgate, I am dreading owning it as I might press the key while it's in my pocket. So I am going to take the key apart and blank off that button.

Takes all sorts I guess!

My B8.5 which I pick up later this week has an electric tailgate, I am dreading owning it as I might press the key while it's in my pocket. So I am going to take the key apart and blank off that button.

Takes all sorts I guess!
Pretty sure you can just turn off the function the VCDS or Carista. I disbaled the long press key fob to put up/down windows.

Yes, I also disable the long keyfob press for windows. I'll take a look in VCDS, but I still want the tailgate to work from the button in the car!

I have the electric tailgate, and I really wouldn't worry about accidentally triggering it from the fob.

Firstly, you have to press and hold the button for a second for it to open.
Secondly, it will only actually open the boot if you are in within 20 feet or so of the car - any further and the car will still beep / flash the indicators, but the boot won't start to open.

Just my 2c worth :)

I've owned several audis and Seats with the button for the boot and never accidently popped it. So I wouldn't worry about accidently opening it.

Just to confirm as LukeyC and AudiLeon mentioned, I havent managed to falsely operate the power tailgate, even in my best pocket crammed with other stuff moments.
I guess it is possible, it does ( on mine) take a 2 sec continual press, at least, to release the tailgate. To be honest, its a feature I could easily live without, I havent been in that situation, yet, of trying something in the load area by carefully closing the tailgate slowly to make sure what ever is in there doesnt smash its way through the rear screen just as the tailgate fully closes....... :blush:

Thanks for the info.

I do put my bike in the boot sometimes and close it carefully to avoid the bar end scraping the heater element. I shall have to learn to take care.

Thanks for the info.

I do put my bike in the boot sometimes and close it carefully to avoid the bar end scraping the heater element. I shall have to learn to take care.

Yup @Zafi , thats exactly when I think I'll be grimacing at the power tailgate, you can step it down bit by bit, but compared to just gently closing and lifting back up to check something clears, it just doesnt allow for that 'analogue' approach !!