Automatic parking aid keeps resetting

Vertigo1

Reaction score
Got a strange one here. I have parking plus and there's an option in the MMI to enable automatic operation, whereby the front sensors trigger when something gets close rather than only when you use the button.

I keep turning this off but it keeps resetting to on which is very annoying. Anyone experienced this.

Seems to be behaving for now, will keep an eye on it. If it happens again, I'm reporting it as a fault as it's annoying as hell.

Have you pressed the button on the dash? The dealer told me that switches the front sensors on / off.

Yes, that's the point. Parking sensors should activate automatically when you reverse but, if going forward towards a wall, you press the button to activate them manually.

There's a setting in the MMI for automatic parking aid which automatically triggers the front sensors when they get near something without having to press the button - it's this which has automatically switched on for me a few times and results in the parking sensors beeping when behind something in traffic.

You have to be be v close to the car in front in traffic for it to start beeping. The parking aid pops up on the mmi in mine if I’m close but never beeps . So for yours to do this you must a foot away!

Got a strange one here. I have parking plus and there's an option in the MMI to enable automatic operation, whereby the front sensors trigger when something gets close rather than only when you use the button.

I keep turning this off but it keeps resetting to on which is very annoying. Anyone experienced this.
I didn't even know my front sensors on the A5 turned themselves on if they detected anything (The S3 ones didn't)!!! They went off the other day...I thought why are they bleeping???? Got out and there was a concrete block at the front of the space pushed up to the kerb! if they hadn't have gone off I would have hit it....so leave them on :)

The problem with leaving them on is they have quite a long range and are easily triggered when in a queue of cars, unless you leave an unusually large gap.